You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. is silent assassin just impossible?

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 week ago#1
i saw one message in the game mentioning a silent assassin bonus when attacking forts, not being detected or letting bodies be found.

well, my first fort in the starting island... an enemy detected me in a bush as i was luring him in to kill him, which ALWAYS happens, so i dunno how that is possible.

dunno if an enemy who you immediately kill spotting you counts as being detected, but i figured it probably would.

not only that, but despite NO ONE spotting me or a body out in the open, i know cause they were in bushes and so was i, AND i was behind a stone wall, so no one could see... EVERYONE went on high alert and running around with their weapons drawn.

so... i'm gonna say silent assassin is impossible.

the stealth system seems a bit flawed, especially with fewer options to BE stealthy like origins had.

seems odd to award stealth while making it harder to pull off.

don't even get me started on the assassinations... big difference between quietly pulling someone into a bush and silently ending their life with a hidden blade... and LEAPING OUT OF THE BUSH ON TOP OF THE ENEMY AND BRUTALLY STABBING THEM WITH A SPEAR.

not to mention the fact that, since enemies automatically level with you... there will ALWAYS be some enemies that you can NOT one-shot... which means your cover is blown and the silent assassin bonus is forfeit.

i absolutely love this game, i really do... but what were they thinking with the stealth?
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Darius-

Darius-
1 week ago#2
I like when you blow up grain storage from miles away with a burning arrow where there isn’t a living thing anywhere... yet the minute it explodes you gain two bounty hunter levels xD
~ restless dreams ~

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
1 week ago#3
Just put the TV on mute
You can definitely be a silent assassin the entire game. Invest in asaassinatiom tree

ZeroJinKui
1 week ago#5
XavierHollywood posted...
You can definitely be a silent assassin the entire game. Invest in asaassinatiom tree

i have been, atleast the skills that interested me.

shadow assassin i think it was, that increases damage and auto-loots... i got the rush assassination ability, as well.

i'm only level 7 so far... but so far, the other abilities seem to be for getting out of a fight or poisoning enemies in a fight.

neither of which seem helpful for remaining undetected.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.

User Info: eaglei3

eaglei3
1 week ago#6
Darius- posted...
I like when you blow up grain storage from miles away with a burning arrow where there isn’t a living thing anywhere... yet the minute it explodes you gain two bounty hunter levels xD

The grain silos are always one of my questionable things. I guess they go to Satellite imagery to track where the arrow came from to see it was you.

ZeroJinKui
1 week ago#7
eaglei3 posted...
Darius- posted...

The grain silos are always one of my questionable things. I guess they go to Satellite imagery to track where the arrow came from to see it was you.

or maybe it's just the animus saying "alright, layla, time for a beating".
ZeroJinKui posted...
XavierHollywood posted...

i have been, atleast the skills that interested me.

shadow assassin i think it was, that increases damage and auto-loots... i got the rush assassination ability, as well.

i'm only level 7 so far... but so far, the other abilities seem to be for getting out of a fight or poisoning enemies in a fight.

neither of which seem helpful for remaining undetected.

By no means have i made any attempt to completely maximize my assassination damage but i will say that i just did over 1 million damage on a lvl 65 Mercenary with critical assassinate. Needless to say he died in one hit

User Info: Strategia555

Strategia555
1 week ago#9
No, not impossible.

I just stab someone in the back then dispose of their body ; sometimes i use the body to attract others.

Then I stab them in the back.
Space for Rent

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
1 week ago#10
It's very possible. I love ghosting through forts and killing off everyone without an alarm ever being raised. I have to imagine the confusion on the face of soldiers who show up the next morning and find 30 guys dead with no signs anyone even tried to fight back.
The Ice God of Hungary said "These souls are mine." The Ice God said "Bend a knee or be blown away."
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. is silent assassin just impossible?