You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. mercenary question...

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 week ago#1
after defeating talos, i started to wonder, are the other mercenaries always in the world for you to come across?

or do they only show up, in order from lowest tier to highest, when you get a bounty?

if it's the latter, how do you get a bounty?
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: abig84

abig84
1 week ago#2
Seems the bigger bounty you have the higher level ones show up. So if you're a lower level some might show up you can't even kill.

I get a bounty by just going into town and start killing civilians and animals. Blowing supply silos work pretty good too

I hated them in the beggining pretty much everytime I got spotted in a fort they started showing up and would kick my butt. Now I look for them

User Info: sealedass

sealedass
1 week ago#3
Mercenaries will always spawn and replace the ones you've killed provided that you still have a bounty on your head.

If you have level 5 bounty, even a mercenary that's 7 levels above you may join the fun.

Easiest way to reset bounty if you're low on drachmae is doing a conquest battle at any region.
Can't we all just get along?

User Info: Skomponop

Skomponop
1 week ago#4
Mercenaries can show up in the world without a bounty. Had one show up in Athens when I didnt have a bounty. Showed up as a grey icon instead of red. Dont know the details, just that it can happen.
PSN Skogg-
GT Skomponop

User Info: sealedass

sealedass
1 week ago#5
Skomponop posted...
Showed up as a grey icon instead of red.

This means they do not target you unless you provoke them.
Can't we all just get along?

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 week ago#6
sealedass posted...
Mercenaries will always spawn and replace the ones you've killed provided that you still have a bounty on your head.

If you have level 5 bounty, even a mercenary that's 7 levels above you may join the fun.

Easiest way to reset bounty if you're low on drachmae is doing a conquest battle at any region.

ok, couple more questions...

where would i go to pay off my bounty?

and what is a conquest battle? i'm still on the starting island.

are conquest battles unlimited? cause if they're limited, i'll eventually have to pay off a bounty, i imagine.

i dunno if i'll ever get a bounty... cause i've been avoiding stealing and attacking innocent people.

seems kinda stupid that ya HAVE to be evil to get a bounty... why can't enemies send mercenaries after me?
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
You can pay bounties from the map screen, though some parts of the story give you permanent bounties until you progress enough.

You'll be introduced to conquest battles later. They're unlimited.
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 25
Want: Death Stranding, The Outer Worlds, Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe, Psychonauts 2, Bully 2, Atomic Heart

User Info: Imit8m3

Imit8m3
1 week ago#8
I used to fear getting bounties. i kinda feel like Riddick. "Yes i ran, I had mercs on my neck, I'll always have mercs on my neck."
But now i can kill them with a single attack... so i don't care.
GT- HOONIGANGSTER
PSN- yurmom8me

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
1 week ago#9
Once you get used to the game and combat, the mercenaries are a lot of fun. Plus, they drop some awesome gear. Just be sure to check their level on the map before randomly attacking one if you're not maxed out. My level 10 Kassandra tried to assassinate a random traveling merc who was level 45. He wasn't amused.
The Ice God of Hungary said "These souls are mine." The Ice God said "Bend a knee or be blown away."

User Info: Strategia555

Strategia555
1 week ago#10
sealedass posted...
Skomponop posted...
Showed up as a grey icon instead of red.

This means they do not target you unless you provoke them.

That and a gray icon indicates you have not "discovered" that merc. After you have discovered a merc, it'll remain white unless they are after you for a bounty.

I just go to the one town in Elis to maxx out bounties in the shortest amount of time.
Space for Rent
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. mercenary question...