• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. Lv50? No more skill points?

User Info: owen1989

owen1989
3 weeks ago#1
You don’t get anymore skill points after hitting lv 50? N here I thought I can max out everything with enough grinding

User Info: Solution009

Solution009
3 weeks ago#2
I just hit 50 tonight and am discovering the same thing. That's super lame. It essentially means you can be a jack of three trades or master of 1.5? I have to say, that's a bad choice, especially with ng+. What's the point of you can't ultimately max out?

User Info: Dagon_0

Dagon_0
3 weeks ago#3
If not skill points they could atleast give orichalcum after you reach next lvl, feels like a waste every time i get exp.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
3 weeks ago#4
The difficulty levels specifically say "Your build will determine how effective you are in combat" or whatever. They designed the game intentionally so that you had to put thought into what you're doing with your ability points. There'd be no point if you could just unlock everything. This was one of the major nerfs they implemented between Origins and this game.

The other being the fact that they took away the ability to poison corpses. :3

As for "what's the point if I can't be maxed?" It's so you don't become a literal god capable of removing all challenge from the game even on Nightmare difficulty.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.
(message deleted)

User Info: keife191

keife191
3 weeks ago#6
if youve found all of the ancient tablets that give 1 free skill point then ya. if not then start searching for the underground temples and stuff that usually have one of those tablet things from the first civilization.
"Feel the pain of those inferior beings as you burn in hell!"

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
3 weeks ago#7
wwinterj25 posted...
RJ1771 posted...
As for "what's the point if I can't be maxed?" It's so you don't become a literal god capable of removing all challenge from the game even on Nightmare difficulty.

.... but why not?

Because they didn't want you to? Ask Ubi why they didn't want you to max out like you could in Origins, I'm just telling you that the game was specifically designed so you couldn't. :P
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
3 weeks ago#8
RJ1771 posted...
I'm just telling you that the game was specifically designed so you couldn't. :P

Fair enough.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - http://i.imgur.com/kDysIcd.gif

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#9
They had the decency to make it easy to reset your skills, and the silver lining of their questionable design choices is that some skills are outright useless, so you don't have to worry about them too much.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: QuietStorm323

QuietStorm323
3 weeks ago#10
You still get more ability points after level 50.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. Lv50? No more skill points?
  • Topic Archived