• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: trayvian

trayvian
2 months ago#1
Alexios is primarily featured in all of the marketing, and is on the first part of the load screen when you log in to the game.

However the creative director stated that Kassandra is the canon protagonist.

At what point was it decided to switch the canon to her?

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 months ago#2
It feels better as Kassandra being the misthios to me. She seems less brash and arrogant as Alexios, and I believe her more when she cares for Pheobe for example. Just how I feel. Here's why, although it's a spoiler.

MAJOR SPOILERS

That's pure opinion, but the story seems to make more sense when Kassandra is the misthios, and Alexios is Deimos to me. Not so much because of Kass, but mainly because of Deimos. If you watch how brutal he is, and his animations, it's pretty obvious they're made for a man. Disclaimor: This isn't sexist. It's how I perceived Deimos' body language and I was glad to have Alexios as the villain. Kassandra would have felt wrong I think. I went and saw the Deimos scenes as Kassandra and it feels super off. It feels better as a story with Kass as the main character and Alex as the villain. Also, Deimos seems more like a man's name.

However, at the end of the day, Ubisoft said that Kass is canon in the comics, but in the game, YOU decide. There's NO canon yet in the games.
WAITING FOR: Soul Calibur VI and Red Dead Redemption 2
NOW PLAYING: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
2 months ago#3
FNFred posted...
It feels better as Kassandra being the misthios to me. She seems less brash and arrogant as Alexios, and I believe her more when she cares for Pheobe for example. Just how I feel. Here's why, although it's a spoiler.

MAJOR SPOILERS

That's pure opinion, but the story seems to make more sense when Kassandra is the misthios, and Alexios is Deimos to me. Not so much because of Kass, but mainly because of Deimos. If you watch how brutal he is, and his animations, it's pretty obvious they're made for a man. Disclaimor: This isn't sexist. It's how I perceived Deimos' body language and I was glad to have Alexios as the villain. Kassandra would have felt wrong I think. I went and saw the Deimos scenes as Kassandra and it feels super off. It feels better as a story with Kass as the main character and Alex as the villain. Also, Deimos seems more like a man's name.

However, at the end of the day, Ubisoft said that Kass is canon in the comics, but in the game, YOU decide. There's NO canon yet in the games.

I have to agree with those sppoilers.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 months ago#4
trayvian posted...
Alexios is primarily featured in all of the marketing, and is on the first part of the load screen when you log in to the game.

They released a novelization of the game which features Kassandra as the sibling that goes on the adventure, I'd imagine that's probably when the decision was made. :^)

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 months ago#5
RJ1771 posted...
trayvian posted...

They released a novelization of the game which features Kassandra as the sibling that goes on the adventure, I'd imagine that's probably when the decision was made. :^)

They also said that in the game, YOU decide. If you want Alexios to be the misthios, you can. There's NO canon in the game.
WAITING FOR: Soul Calibur VI and Red Dead Redemption 2
NOW PLAYING: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

RJ1771
2 months ago#6
FNFred posted...
RJ1771 posted...
trayvian posted...

They also said that in the game, YOU decide. If you want Alexios to be the misthios, you can. There's NO canon in the game.

In the game, of course, but TC isn't talking about specifically in the game. He's referencing how Alexios is the one featured in the marketing, hell he's also the one on the box art. This would seem to imply that he's the one the writers "intended" the story to be about (again: I know, it's completely your choice who the story is about). However as it turns out the official statement by the creators is that the story was "intended" to be about Kassandra.

And once more to be clear: I'm fully aware that what they "intend" has absolutely nothing to do with your personal canon. If you choose Alexios in the game then he's canon for you.

User Info: Lailah66

Lailah66
2 months ago#7
Alexios as canon would make more sense. I kinda like him, reminds me of Prince Oberyn.

User Info: Prince0fPerZiah

Prince0fPerZiah
2 months ago#8
Kassandra is the cannon protagonists, but ubisoft still wants the game to sell and they know how closed minded people can be so they advertised the game with Alexios to ensure that the game still makes as much money as possible, its no different than syndicate where Jacob and Evie were equally the protagonist but 95% of the advertising focused on Jacob, hell the boxart has him front and center with Evie on the side looking like a random background character.
PSN: ScreamKing09

User Info: kblaze13

kblaze13
2 months ago#9
I dunno, Personally I think the whole "it's Alexios" on all the advertising and boxart is more "spartan warrior" then "Alexios".

Hell I've even come across Text in the game that states Kassandra (when it should be Alexios) in quests.

Why should it be Alexios, because I was playing as Alexios on that save file.
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.

RJ1771
2 months ago#10
kblaze13 posted...
I dunno, Personally I think the whole "it's Alexios" on all the advertising and boxart is more "spartan warrior" then "Alexios".

Hell I've even come across Text in the game that states Kassandra (when it should be Alexios) in quests.

Why should it be Alexios, because I was playing as Alexios on that save file.

Funny thing about that: when you're ready to go back into the animus after your first modern day bit, Layla said "I've got to get back to Alexios!" despite the fact that I was playing as Kassandra. :^)
  • Topic Archived