You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. How do you like the game?

User Info: DrWho2000

DrWho2000
1 week ago#1
I ordered the game for the PC and a strategy guide. But I didn't play the beta. How did it go? I don't need to get 100 hours out of it but am looking for an enjoyable time.

User Info: pjnelson

pjnelson
1 week ago#2
I enjoyed it enough during the few hours I got to spend with it, but it's hard to say how I'd feel ten or twenty hours in.
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.

User Info: Deltron_Zero

Deltron_Zero
1 week ago#3
The micromanaging really got to me and eventually just wore me out.I don't think i will be buying.

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
1 week ago#4
I like it, but there’s definitely some things that could use improvement. One of the biggest problems is storage, you fill up very quickly and then have nowhere to put your junk once your storage is full. The survival aspect makes things a little more interesting, but it can become a pain especially if you don’t use lead belly.

I think my biggest gripes are that building feels very shallow compared to fallout 4 and the difficulty is all over the place. There are times when I can kill enemies with only a few shots, then later seem to barely scratch them. It just feels very inconsistent. Oh and stealth is kinda weird too. You can fire an unsilenced shot and most times nothing will even be alerted unless you actually hit an enemy.
GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution

User Info: DrWho2000

DrWho2000
1 week ago#5
About managing storage. I think I read it is expanded when the game leaves beta but I might of misread it. The stealth seems weird. Seems you would need a silencer if you didn’t want to make a sound. Maybe its a bug.

Crimsonhead4
1 week ago#6
All they said is that they will work on it, they haven’t given a timeframe as far as I’m aware. weapon / armor upgrading is kinda weird too. The more you upgrade a weapon or piece of armor the less durable it becomes. You’d think it’d be the opposite.
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution

User Info: dfalls1

dfalls1
6 days ago#7
Micromanaging is a chore, but I've slowly gotten used to it (weapon breakage is still iritating), but that's from not leveling up specific, special point attributes. Overall, I like the game. Concept is better than the plot of Fallout 4, although that had superior shooting mechanics, by comparison. 3rd best of the the four modern, Fallout games.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
6 days ago#8
Everything is just way too janky
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

Crimsonhead4
6 days ago#9
dfalls1 posted...
Micromanaging is a chore, but I've slowly gotten used to it (weapon breakage is still iritating), but that's from not leveling up specific, special point attributes. Overall, I like the game. Concept is better than the plot of Fallout 4, although that had superior shooting mechanics, by comparison. 3rd best of the the four modern, Fallout games.

Compared to RDR2, micromanaging in this game is easy, plus there are perks you can use that take the toll off of micromanaging.

User Info: Wanz44

Wanz44
6 days ago#10
I canceled my preorder. I repurchased Fallout 4 which I hadn't played in a couple of years and stating our fresh with a different profile.
Member since Wednesday December 8, 1999...
... Former user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. How do you like the game?