You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. How many heads do you think are rolling at Bethesda now?

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
6 days ago#11
StoneRevolver posted...
But you assume it was some average joe who made that decision. When that simply isn't possible.
O

It actually is possible. For an average joe to take the blame, anyway. Sure, some high ranking executive probably had to sign off, but they will just blame the average joe who brought the idea to them, or didn't anticipate the material costs, or whatever.
Official Tingle of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
Add this sig if you genuinely like Piranha Plant

User Info: Stacy_Adam

Stacy_Adam
6 days ago#12
StoneRevolver posted...
Pee_Pull posted...
StoneRevolver posted...
Because demanding blood over a bag is stupid. Especially since they are fixing it.
No one gets fired over something so insignificant. Maybe if the bag was the entire issue, but it wasn't. It was just fuel on an already over dramatic fire. It would only have been half the fiasco it is if the launch hadn't been a disaster.

O.o

Here's how this conversation goes...

CEO: "We were projected for 5 gazillion sales this quarter."
Schmuck: "Well, there was this thingy..."
CEO: "Who did this thingy?"
Schmuck: "It...it was me..."
CEO: "Am I gonna has my 5 gazillion anyway?"
Schmuck: "No, and you'll have to pay too."
CEO:"Nancy!!! Bring me....the BUS."
Schmuck *jumps out of 9th story window.

But you assume it was some average joe who made that decision. When that simply isn't possible.
Only someone with authority gets to make that call. I doubt it was even from bethesda, and likely something zenimax decided because they wouldn't tolerate any delays. The game needed 6 months. If they weren't gonna wait for the game to finish they certainly weren't gonna allow time for more bags.

It was 100% someone at Bethesda who made the decision. Zenimax is just a shell company for Bethesda.

User Info: darkrain108

darkrain108
6 days ago#13
konokonohamaru posted...
StoneRevolver posted...
O

It actually is possible. For an average joe to take the blame, anyway. Sure, some high ranking executive probably had to sign off, but they will just blame the average joe who brought the idea to them, or didn't anticipate the material costs, or whatever.

Do you work in an office? Cause that's the most implausible thing I've heard, and been working in software development for almost 8 years.
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. How many heads do you think are rolling at Bethesda now?