You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. I don't want to PVP, Can I just fight animals by myself??

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
1 week ago#1
Friends,

I don't want to PVP, Can I just fight animals by myself??

I just want to move around by myself.. I have no head set, no mic... I have never played a game like that... my internet sucks.. DSL..

So I just want to wander around and explore.. WILL I make any progress??

or will this game be a waste of time.

I got play trophies for fallout 3.. New vegas, and Fallout 4.

So I did not just fall off the cabbage truck out front.

Thank you.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Enough young people deaths, ban guns now, TODAY!! How many more children must die?

User Info: Dyinglegacy

Dyinglegacy
1 week ago#2
no
Voted worst user on CE 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
Current e-argument streak: 0 wins. 25408 losses.

User Info: AkimboSlice1

AkimboSlice1
1 week ago#3
I'll let you know after 5PM PST today
Boy, read this.

User Info: PrincessWesker

PrincessWesker
1 week ago#4
I've been playing solo in the beta so far, and having a grand time. I did run into a random American with a mic, so we adventured together a bit, but I definitely plan on playing this game mostly solo. I also loved 3,NV, and 4, if that helps.

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
1 week ago#5
Yeh you absolutley can
People can attack you
But they do barley any damage unless you fight back and you can just warp away

But that’s just a stopgap until actual private servers for single player, which they’ve stated is there no 1 priority

User Info: kel25

kel25
1 week ago#6
I've played every day of the beta and was only attacked once by another player.

I've barely encountered other players after the first day. You shouldn't have many problems from other players.

But you would probably want to pass on this game if you have poor internet. It's aways online.

User Info: Ninja_Gaignun

Ninja_Gaignun
1 week ago#7
Only 1 person ever attacked during my 15 some odd hours.

There's very little incentive to kill anyone at random and there's always Pasafist mode.

Edit: Provided you don't fight back, if they do murder you then the entire server will be out to avenge you. So that's kinda cool.
Flight is Might!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: conduit

conduit
1 week ago#8
I played over 20 hours so far, level 14. spent the whole time playing solo, was fine.

only time I got killed was when I accidentally became wanted after picking a lock on and a gate that someone else had built. then a player came along and killed me in two shots, I didn't even fight back.
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~

User Info: Alkamizt

Alkamizt
1 week ago#9
First, PvP is "player vs player". I rarely encounter griefers.

Second, yes, of course you can play solo. Im lvl 17 now, and played solo nearly the entire time.

Lastly, I have come across plenty of people willing to team up. Although you dont need to, dont be afraid to ask fellow vault dwellers for help.

User Info: jojochan

jojochan
1 week ago#10
I've been killed twice.
Dog - You feed me, You must be God.
Cat - You feed me, I am a God.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. I don't want to PVP, Can I just fight animals by myself??