I would like to hear from the griefers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. I would like to hear from the griefers

User Info: termas84

termas84
3 months ago#1
One of, if not the biggest issues surrounding fallout 76 is the fear behind it being online only, the forced interaction and the non-optional PvPing; and as many people suspect griefing is going rife throughout the experience, i want to hear what the unabashed griefers actually have to say about this game.

This is not about judging people, im genuinely curious about what griefers think about 76 so far and what they think the game will be like, what style they intend to play it and what they think of their fellow gamers who are less enthusiastic about their presence in such environments.
3DS FC: 0275-7927-6228 IGN: slayen

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
3 months ago#2
People think Fallout 76 is real life and it's fake that for some reason people can't get around that roadblock. What do you think raiders and gunners and super mutants etc did-do in any other fallout game? They come after the player using tactics and "grief" the player. In other words Grow Some Ballz!
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"

User Info: Shotgunner

Shotgunner
3 months ago#3
I'm not a griefer but I will say this - there's going to be a******s who do nothing but target other players just for the sole purpose of targeting other players. Every online game that allows PVP has them. Even this one, where supposedly all you will get for killing another player is a little XP and caps and not be able to loot their bodies.

If you're going to just whine about them, then don't get the damn game. Use your brain and you'll eventually figure out how to beat them because such players have a very specific plan of action - and once any kind of monkey wrench is thrown into that plan to f*** it up, they turn to s*** regardless of what kind of gear they have.

Bottom line is, accept such players will exist, be happy that there is a max number of players allowed on the server at one time, and remember this is Fallout - except for very specific and limited locations there's going to be multiple ways in and out of every location - far more than a squad of 4 can cover. And for those who think "oh we'll just run 5 or 6 squads in the server" - eventually your names are going to get known and those servers will be very lonely for those people as no one will stay in them once it's known who's in there.
freelance social board - remember, TOU still applies!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/584789-haunted-house/71900469

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
3 months ago#4
IqarP15 posted...
People think Fallout 76 is real life and it's fake that for some reason people can't get around that roadblock. What do you think raiders and gunners and super mutants etc did-do in any other fallout game? They come after the player using tactics and "grief" the player. In other words Grow Some Ballz!

fighting a lv 1 at 20 or so is cowardly
you grow some "ballz" and fight people your level.
Im Ericsh(SD) from phantasy star online dreamcast. Gamecube ver. Myst lv 195 RAmarl. no longer hiding from my past.
RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012

User Info: I_hate_cocoa

I_hate_cocoa
3 months ago#5
Bring in soul level invasions~
I didn't do it.

User Info: Shotgunner

Shotgunner
3 months ago#6
IqarP15 posted...

There's a huge difference between an NPC AI controlled faction and a bunch of players running around in high level armor and packing high level weapons just stomping on lower level players. And let's face it - those are the a******s I referred to before. The ones who think some kind of stats mean anyhting outside of the game. "Oh I got over a million kills in XYZ title!" Yeah that don't get you a discount on your 2 liter Mountain Dew, the hot girl in class still doesn't want to go out with you, and you're still going to get stuffed in your locker by the school's football jock a****** of a team captain.

Grow some balls? If all you want to do is act like a griefer, there's plenty of online games that encourage that kind of behavior, and this from everything that has been said thus far, will not be one of them. Do what you want, but I'm waiting for the mass complaints from what will be a relatively small griefer community - and then will piss my pants laughing as those cries turn silent as such people realize Bethesda isn't EA, Activision, etc. who will cave in to their demands to tailor and cater the game to their tastes.
freelance social board - remember, TOU still applies!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/584789-haunted-house/71900469

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
3 months ago#7
Then just don't play the game and save yourself $50-$200.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"

User Info: Chr7s777

Chr7s777
3 months ago#8
IqarP15 posted...

We will buy the game, actually. Because it's not being designed for people like you, thankfully

Wow you're sig is accurate, lol
Psn, youtube: Chr7s777

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
3 months ago#9
Killing other players will have penalties. You will be locked out of certain abilities/content/etc. (details still being worked on).

There's really no reward for doing it.

They will continuously monitor the situation, and adjust as needed. They are no more interested in "griefing" than you or I.

And I am sorry to say, but "simply don't play this game" is a 100% valid response to anyone's issue with possible griefing.

Edit: oh, and btw, you cannot be killed by other players until after level 5 (as of now).
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Chr7s777

Chr7s777
3 months ago#10
Chr7s777 posted...
IqarP15 posted...

We will buy the game, actually. Because it's not being designed for people like you, thankfully

Wow you're sig is accurate, lol

I confused this topic with another, one suggesting griefing shouldn't be controlled or limited, noone should be able to opt out. My apologies. From how it sounds, as long as there is not crap load of it, it sounds ok.
Psn, youtube: Chr7s777
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. I would like to hear from the griefers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived