What happens if two bases are in the same spot?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. What happens if two bases are in the same spot?

User Info: sampama226

sampama226
4 months ago#1
So they mentioned how you can build your camp anywhere you would like, and then when u log off it will ago away and when you log on it will come back. I'm assuming that when you log on, the server will know not to put you in a server that has the same camp spot as you do. But what happens when you join a friends server, and they happen to have the same camp spot as you? Does it simply not transfer your base? Does it oddly merge the two? Has this been answered anywhere?
RIG: I7-6700k, MSI GTX 970, Asus Z170-E, Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4, Kingston 960gb SSD, Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD, NZXT H440

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
4 months ago#2
They say in the "making of" video that if you are the one loading in your base will be back in the collapsible base building kit, and you can move it. You could also log out, and log back in to get a new instance I suppose.

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
4 months ago#3
It means once you logout your base "disappears" and logging back in it reappears. Helps with griefing etc. I like the idea of packing up CAMP then going someplace else and poof there's the base. Toobad RL doesn't have that.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
4 months ago#4
lame. that means that occupying a strategically important base encampment will mean being constantly contested and having to set up your base again everytime you log in. that sounds like itll get old fast
"You are a regular bot lane expecting a normal game then BOOM two idiots show up. flying to bot lane."
-The_Weird_Gamer

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
4 months ago#5
Bendetto posted...
lame. that means that occupying a strategically important base encampment will mean being constantly contested and having to set up your base again everytime you log in. that sounds like itll get old fast

Not really, the strategic locations will be based on the high level nuke zones, which can be different, and can change to pretty much anywhere.

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
4 months ago#6
And those are suppose to be end game areas so players won't reach them for quite a while.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 76
  3. What happens if two bases are in the same spot?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived