This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. ITT: Explain how Primeape uses Iron Tail

User Info: LRodC

LRodC
1 week ago#1
Go.

User Info: Lucidious89

Lucidious89
1 week ago#2
Same way Alakazam does
FC: 1177-7400-8683 IGN: John

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#3
Scratch and Fury Swipes also don't make sense on it; they barely make sense on Mankey, but it's more plausible that it has retractable claws; Primeape just has boxing glove-hands..

Truth is, they could either pay attention and not let pre-evos learn Moves that don't make sense for the evolutions or automatically exchange some Moves for others upon Evolution (say, Primeape would learn Pound and Comet Punch in place of the above mentioned Moves if they still were on its Movepool when evolving)... But they will keep having Moves grandfathered in by the pre-evo, just like the butterflies being able to learn Harden when it's clearly meant just for the cocoon stages.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Hanon

Hanon
1 week ago#4
Same way Ambipom does. Iron tail at its core just makes one part of the pokemons body steel like so that it can deliver a strong blunt attack it doesnt have to be the tail it's just the most common choice.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#5
Hanon posted...
Same way Ambipom does. Iron tail at its core just makes one part of the pokemons body steel like so that it can deliver a strong blunt attack it doesnt have to be the tail it's just the most common choice.

Eh, not really:

1) Iron Tail: The target is slammed with a steel-hard tail. This may also lower the target's Defense stat.

2) Ambipom actually has tails, so that example doesn't really add up.

I get what you were trying to say, and they do "widen the scope", as far as usable limbs are concerned, for some Moves, but Iron Tail is very likely just a by-product of Mankey being able to learn it. They even made a joke about it in one of the Mystery Dungeon games or some other spin-off, IIRC.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: JepMZ

JepMZ
1 week ago#6
Like Peach and her tailbone
http://tinyurl.com/LBPComic 3ds new leaf: 2680-9862-6140
Dragon's dogma Pawn: Brion; lv 23, Fighter, Scather; Mitigator
The same way Charizard does Wing Attack with his tail.
Official Fierce Deity in my own mind.
GT: OnikaraStar, PSN: Onikara, NNID: OnikaraStar

User Info: Milan_Warrior

Milan_Warrior
1 week ago#8
Diglett uses Scratch O.O
3DS IGN : Hamani
FC : 5344-2096-3635

User Info: HeartOfSteel

HeartOfSteel
1 week ago#9
Milan_Warrior posted...
Diglett uses Scratch O.O

I always thought Diglett was just the head of a mole, and that the hands were underneath. Something like this: https://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Fixed+_a0309634f34b5a027914c5d6b23837da.png
Hi everyone, I'm a dude living in Florida who enjoys video games and history. My fav games are Pokemon and CSGO. My fav anime is Death Note.

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
1 week ago#10
gastly uses ice punch
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. ITT: Explain how Primeape uses Iron Tail