This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Is Gen V still the most hated new set of Pokemon?

User Info: Roziel

Roziel
3 months ago#131
At this rate, this thread will reach 500 posts just with you two arguing >.>
... I don't understand that reference.
The offical Giratina of the Ultra Sun board (FC 3196-7331-2195)

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
3 months ago#132
Andrex_93 posted...
Bias is making assessments about something and not understanding that your opinion is muddling that assessment, and that it isn't

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-bell-ca&source=android-browser&q=bias.defi.ition

since u seem fond of making up definitions.

Andrex_93 posted...
which is, ironically enough, what you do essentially every time we discuss things, with this pretty much being the only time you openly stated that was you said here was your opinion and that you're supposedly acting like your usual self because you felt attacked.

... evidently, definitions are not the only thingu like making up.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

GallantChaddymn
3 months ago#133
Andrex_93 posted...
Heck, ironically enough, we share similar opinions on quite a few things,

...I honeslty couldnt care less tho?
You take me for partisan or something?

Andrex_93 posted...
if you were able to not act like this almost every time we talk: my issue with you is exactly that, every time you seem to state things as if you hold the objective truth about something when, ironically enough, it's pretty much never the case. Ergo, you are blinded by your bias. That's my take on it, at least.

You've already proven you dont k ow what those words mean. Excuse me if this comes off as empty retaliatory kneejerk responses and little else.

If you show a string of double standards and inconsistencies in your logic, but dtill stand firm in ur stances as opposed to actually reevaluating them, yea im.gonna think that's the result of bias.

Sorry if that hurts ur feelings dude. <_>

I still remember the day i saw ur post about HMs. I was so excited to have my perceptions chalenged. All i found was a a guy so lost in his bias that in spite of all logical capacity they possess, utterly shut it down in the face of scrutiny in favor of appealing to their own sensibilities, all the while externalising their issues onto descenters. Its a damn shame.

My problem.with you is its clear to me you arent interested in real discussion. Your perogattive, by and large is some attempt to control the zeitgeist in regards to the series to appeal to your views and sensibilities and little else. at least i hope so at thid point because thr slternativr id that you are so clueless that you are actually blinded to ur nonsense, which imo is far scarier to think about.

Roziel
3 months ago#134
It's been a week, did you REALLY need to try continue this argument??

GallantChaddymn
3 months ago#135
Roziel posted...

I didn't tho.
Read the post.

Roziel
3 months ago#136
GallantChaddymn posted...
Roziel posted...

I didn't tho.
Read the post.

I read it but there's no visible sign you're dropping the argument. Just, what exactly were you thinking when you decided to bump a week old thread like this?? Wanted to have the last laugh? Andrex probably forgot about this by now.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
3 months ago#137
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-bell-ca&source=android-browser&q=bias.defi.ition

since u seem fond of making up definitions.

That link didn't bring me to anything directly, or at least relevant in English, so I'm gonna post one of the first results I got.

"a particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion, especially one that is preconceived or unreasoned"

unreasonably hostile feelings or opinions about a social group; prejudice

You've already proven you dont k ow what those words mean.

Considering this wouldn't be the first time you've given me false information about the English language, sorry if I'm not gonna take your opinion on that seriously, dude.

...I honeslty couldnt care less tho?
You take me for partisan or something?

I didn't say you did? I mean, at this point, it's clear that you just wanna argue for the sake of it.

If you show a string of double standards and inconsistencies in your logic, but dtill stand firm in ur stances as opposed to actually reevaluating them, yea im.gonna think that's the result of bias.

Sorry if that hurts ur feelings dude. <_>

It doesn't hurt my feelings, lol. Simply put, you didn't provide me enough reasons to change my mind, which doesn't mean that I didn't change it because of a presumed bias of mine. I know this is gonna be useless, because you think you're so knowledgeable and that I'm biased (which is ironic, considering you said that to me from I think the first discussion, while here you tried to frame it like it's a recurring thing that only came to you after repetition and only happens to be confirmed after every discussion) and therefore I don't listen to you because of that..

But that's not it: I genuinely take what I think into question, when discussing things: you could ask anyone that knows me, of course if you knew me in rl, but also from other exchanges here.. Heck, some people even said this to me. But, no, I'm not gonna toot my own horn and dilute this even further.

HM bit

LMFAO. The funny thing is that that started because I corrected you on an objectively wrong thing you stated. Pendatic? Perhaps, yeah, but that still doesn't mean that I was biased. If anything, you were clearly the biased one, considering it took you, what, a thousand posts and you didn't even admit I had a point until you said it in, like, another topic.

I perfectly got what you were saying in that (aside from the objectively wrong statement, of course): I disagreed with it, but that has nothing to do with bias; the fact that you think that, for that, I'm biased, if anything, says something.. About your bias.

Also, what? "Controlling the zeitgeist"? "Shutting down logic in the face of scrutiny"? Man, you really don't listen to a word I say, do you. Do you think I state my opinions (whether controversial or not) to somehow influence people? Why... And how would that actually change things for the actual games. I have no way to reach the actual developers and sit down and have a serious discussion with them. Unless, of course, you've found the proof you were talking about about someone from GF reading these board; I'd be really interested.

But honestly, again, this is just useless.

Roziel posted...
Andrex probably forgot about this by now.

I did, and I thought he dropped it, but apparently not..
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

GallantChaddymn
3 months ago#138
Roziel posted...
Roziel posted...

I didn't tho.
Read the post.

I read it but there's no visible sign you're dropping the argument. Just, what exactly were you thinking when you decided to bump a week old thread like this??Wanted to have the last laugh?

i wasnt really? Just going through my tabs.

Andrex probably forgot about this by now.

You give him too much credit
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Is Gen V still the most hated new set of Pokemon?
  • Topic Archived