This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Is there a consensus on best Nature for starter Pikachu yet?

User Info: Turbo_TRex

Turbo_TRex
1 month ago#1
I'm going to be starting my game soon. I've read few a few Topics, but didn't find a conclusive answer. Now that the game's been out for awhile, is there a certain nature I should go for?
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
3DS Friend Code: 1736-0776-2758 IGN: Michael NNID: Turbo-TRex

User Info: Yasukima

Yasukima
1 month ago#2
Generally neutral natures are good for starter Pikachu/Eevee.

It depends on what moves you want, Pikachu gets 4 exclusive moves-- 2 attack and 2 special attack, lowering special/defense is not a good idea,
and Pikachu does well as a speedy attacker.

So unless you want to want to focus and max out Pikachu's special attack or attack stat just go with neutral.
Y'know... Chansey sort of looks like an axolotl...

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
1 month ago#3
Jolly is good for Eevee.

For Pikachu it’s either Hasty for mixed sets or Timid for special.
5* Lvl 40+10s: Spring Catria, Micaiah, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Linde, Olwen, Ishtar, Odin, Lucius, Surtr, Ylgr, Tailtiu, Helbindi, Catria, Camilla, and 80 others.

User Info: Turbo_TRex

Turbo_TRex
1 month ago#4
Several people have been saying that Jolly isn't good for Eevee since lots of its exclusive moves are special.
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
3DS Friend Code: 1736-0776-2758 IGN: Michael NNID: Turbo-TRex

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
1 month ago#5
Turbo_TRex posted...
Several people have been saying that Jolly isn't good for Eevee since lots of its exclusive moves are special.

You use those moves mainly for utility, not for the damage... If you want an Eevee that can actually kill things you go with the physical side.

Sappy Seed
Sizzly Slide
Veevee Volley
Facade

The top two skills puts a timer on the enemy pokemon while the last 2 are for damage dealing, with the last one allowing Eevee to still put a world of hurt even when Burned. If you want slightly more damage, you can use Double Edge rather than Veevee Volley.
5* Lvl 40+10s: Spring Catria, Micaiah, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Linde, Olwen, Ishtar, Odin, Lucius, Surtr, Ylgr, Tailtiu, Helbindi, Catria, Camilla, and 80 others.

User Info: WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja
1 month ago#6
CeruleanGamer posted...
Turbo_TRex posted...

You use those moves mainly for utility, not for the damage... If you want an Eevee that can actually kill things you go with the physical side.

Sappy Seed
Sizzly Slide
Veevee Volley
Facade

The top two skills puts a timer on the enemy pokemon while the last 2 are for damage dealing, with the last one allowing Eevee to still put a world of hurt even when Burned. If you want slightly more damage, you can use Double Edge rather than Veevee Volley.

Veevee Volley doesn't take up a slot, it's the shake the controller move.
http://i.minus.com/ibb54oFODduJvk.gif http://i.minus.com/ibiCujxJzTJr5Z.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif

User Info: Gotta_Be_Blue

Gotta_Be_Blue
1 month ago#7
Pikachu has base 120 speed, so you want the speed-boosting nature. If you want to use both physical and special moves, go for a -special defense nature instead of timid.

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 month ago#8
neutral nature is never good ever for pikachu I would use something like Naive to be able use mixed pikachu
AC New leaf Dream adress: 6D00-0011-18C5
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Is there a consensus on best Nature for starter Pikachu yet?
  • Topic Archived