This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. WTF wild chansey at Mt moon.

User Info: Zacharia123

Zacharia123
1 week ago#1
I was shocked when I find one there.When the hell has Chansey ever been in Mt Moon.

User Info: -H-wood

-H-wood
1 week ago#2
when you beat the game and start shiny hunting, you'll notice...she's f'ing EVERYWHERE

there's always a chance.....y

User Info: jammymacster

jammymacster
1 week ago#3
Chansey is set as a rare spawn in a lot of places, even places like Diglett's Cave, Pokémon Tower and the Power Plant.
Currently Playing: Some games.

-H-wood
1 week ago#4
jammymacster posted...
Chansey is set as a rare spawn in a lot of places, even places like Diglett's Cave, Pokémon Tower and the Power Plant.

not a rare spawn at all I'd say. Snorlax is a rare spawn. Chansey shows up without any combo going. And is super common with a combo

jammymacster
1 week ago#5
"rare spawns" appear more frequently with a combo of anything. So if you have a 31+ combo going with anything you'll be seeing a lot of Chansey in a lot of places.
In Cerulean Cave she's a standard spawn where, yes, Snorlax is set as the rare spawn.
(edited 1 week ago)

-H-wood
1 week ago#6
jammymacster posted...
"rare spawns" appear more frequently with a combo of anything. So if you have a 31+ combo going with anything you'll be seeing a lot of Chansey in a lot of places

again, not rare

if you see a Chansey in most places without any combo going, which I often do while starting to shiny farm, it's not a rare spawn. Maybe uncommon. Not rare.

jammymacster
1 week ago#7
She's literally set as a "rare spawn" in the code. A pokémon that's spawns independently of the normal spawn table and spawns more frequently with a combo of anything.

Hell, even a "combo" of one doubles the rate of rare spawns. At 6 it's x3, 11 x4, 21 x5 then x6 at 31+.

So even the start of a chain results in a drastic increase of rare spawns.
(edited 1 week ago)

-H-wood
1 week ago#8
show me the code because I don't believe you. She shows up more often than Gastly in Pokemon tower and more often than Vulpix out in the wild

jammymacster
1 week ago#9
Probably because you have a combo going. -. -

jammymacster posted...
Hell, even a "combo" of one doubles the rate of rare spawns. At 6 it's x3, 11 x4, 21 x5 then x6 at 31+.

So even the start of a chain results in a drastic increase of rare spawns.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
1 week ago#10
Lures also boost those chances so if you have those going it could be another reason
3DS Friend Code: 2166-0919-1962
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. WTF wild chansey at Mt moon.