This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Why do people call this game easiest pokemon game ever?

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#21
The Fir Coat posted...
Yeah some of these RB movesets were so much stronger thanks to having all 4 moveslots filled!

1) That's not what I said at all: I said that they're even more gimped compared to the player, not compared to RGBY: there, the only advantage the player had were more Items and some TMs, and, even then, limited variability, usability and bag space meant that you could be overpowered, but that wasn't always the case and you had to know what you were doing a bit; but the basic learnsets were bad for both you and them.

2) Considering the above and all the removed limitations, the fact that bosses have 3 Moves still is absolutely stupid.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
1 week ago#22
The Fir Coat posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
And bosses, at least some of them, have only 3 Moves, making them even more gimped compared to the player.

Giovanni (Gym Leader)'s Rhydon

RB - Stomp, Tail Whip, Fissure, Horn Drill
LGPE - Earthquake, Rock Slide, Megahorn

I'm pretty sure that none of the trainers had custom moves. They only had what a wild Pokémon of that level would have.

I guess you don't have to worry about RB Rhydon unless you're slower than it, then you have a 15% of immediately dying.

The Fir Coat posted...
Blaine's Rapidash

RB - Tail Whip, Stomp, Growl, Fire Spin
LGPE - Flare Blitz, Quick Attack, Fury Attack

It looks terrible at first, but then I remembered Fire Spin worked quite differently in the first generation.

The Fir Coat posted...
Lt. Surge's Voltorb

RB - Tackle, Screech, Sonicboom
LGPE - Thunderbolt, Swift, Light Screen

At least RB Voltorb could harm ground types. Sonicboom is its signature move.

The Fir Coat posted...
Lorelai's Jynx

RB - Doubleslap, Ice Punch, Body Slam, Thrash
LGPE - Psychic, Blizzard, Lovely Kiss

Three normal moves? I guess Body Slam is ok.

The Fir Coat posted...
Agatha's Gengar

RB - Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Toxic, Dream Eater
LGPE - Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Dazzling Gleam

I love it. Dream Eater without a way to put you to sleep.

The Fir Coat posted...
RB - Supersonic, Take Down, Bite, Hyper Beam
LGPE - Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hyper Beam

Wow. All normal moves! I don't know if Hyper Beam being physical makes up for that.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 week ago#23
How is Yellow harder because of Brock?

ANYTHING that targets Special (Defense), anything at all, including Ember from f***ing Charmeleon is destroying Geodude and Onix in 1-2 hits.

Got a Butterfree? You win. Geodude and Onix can't tank Confusion at all.

Brock was never hard. Never ever.

Now fighting MISTY with Charmeleon as your only leveled pokémon on the other hand..... Starmie is actually a strong pokémon and was viable in the metagame for generations for a reason. It's got good stats. (But got powercrept out after G4.) THAT is actually a problem.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: PurityKane

PurityKane
1 week ago#24
No idea honestly. When my oddish wrecked everything on gym 1 I thought "holy s***, effective moves are OP, this game is broken", but never saw anything like that happen again, It's just as easy as any other pokemon game. I used to mostly use 1 pokemon when I was younger, and I wrecked everything on silver with typhlosion and with pikachu on yellow (I beat elite 4 with a level 86ish pikachu, and a 34 venusaur for the 2 onix's). So yeah, pokemon has always been piss easy, people just like to complain and hate on the newer game.

User Info: ShiryuChaos

ShiryuChaos
1 week ago#25
This game is easy, but not as easy as the worst gen of all times: Gen 6. Really both XY and even the gen 3 remakes ORAS are very ridiculous easy.
Top10 Final Fantasy VII, Dragon Quest IX:Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Lufia 2,BoF III, Bravely Default & Second, Baha Lagoon, XC2,FantasyLife,Pkmn Silver

User Info: The Fir Coat

The Fir Coat
1 week ago#26
Not everyone leveled a Butterfree their first time playing a pokemon game, Endgame.

Also you needed to put 6 levels into a Metapod or 7 levels into a Caterpie that you caught literally right beforehand in Viridian Forest to get Confusion, which is far harder than using the base level Oddish you catch in this game.
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!

User Info: LevantineX

LevantineX
1 week ago#27
Overall it really is. Except for Master Trainers. So far most i've fought have been kinda tough and I had no chance with the ones I hadn't farmed their candies before.

User Info: The Fir Coat

The Fir Coat
1 week ago#28
LevantineX posted...
Overall it really is. Except for Master Trainers. So far most i've fought have been kinda tough and I had no chance with the ones I hadn't farmed their candies before.

Most can be beaten with Toxic + Protect + <Healing move> + Some stalling move like Dig, Amnesia, Fly, Minimize, etc.

I recently beat Jynx and Golduck's with base level mons, I just had to get a bit lucky. Hitmonlee you can just protect + attack until he misses.
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 week ago#29
Pokemon games have always been easy.
[ nd9k ]

User Info: EgoMouse32

EgoMouse32
1 week ago#30
So far this is the hardest Pokemon game for me. I typically just go with my favorite Pokemon each Pokemon game, but I went with a rodent team for this game and that is making it challenging I guess. I've used weak Pokemon before, but this game feels like things hit harder now and also a lot more trainer battles. I also don't always catch that many Pokemon so there are times my Pokemon are underleveled. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I put a self-imposed challenge that I didn't expect to ramp the difficulty that much lol.
~~( 8 :> Splatoon server: https://discord.gg/VHbBrqa SW-1058-0470-2243. ~~( 8 :>
< 83 == Super Mario Maker: http://tinyurl.com/smmegomouse < 83 ==
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Why do people call this game easiest pokemon game ever?
  • Topic Archived