This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Why do people call this game easiest pokemon game ever?

User Info: Branchos

Branchos
1 week ago#1
It is only easy if you abuse the mechanics or only use the starter
http://i.imgur.com/YEU94Ot.jpg

User Info: PhantomBlacStar

PhantomBlacStar
1 week ago#2
I have a feeling , this gonna turn out to be a back and forth comments.

Could be wrong lol.
Me name is Phantom_Black_Star. It's PhantomBlacStar cause I couldn't fit me whole Da** name in lol.

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
1 week ago#3
Who cares? The haters “should” be busy with Smash tomorrow.
Sig

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#4
I mean, from a balance perspective, the abundance of OP mechanics and the little-to-no limitation that is put on the player for using them is exactly why these games are so easy. You can make any game harder with self-imposed challenges, but that's not the point, really.

King_Z posted...
Who cares? The haters “should” be busy with Smash tomorrow.

I mean, I consider this game to be on the bad side and I couldn't care less about Smash, but you might be right for others.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: The Fir Coat

The Fir Coat
1 week ago#5
This game is harder than the original R/B.

Yellow is only harder because of Brock.
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
1 week ago#6
The Fir Coat posted...

Not really. You can catch Mankey west of Viridian and it learns Low Kick at 9. Alternately, you can catch either of the Nidorans (which learn Double Kick at 12 or 14 in Yellow), or tried and true Caterpie which evolves to Butterfree at 10 and learns Confusion at 12.
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: Dagon_Huxly

Dagon_Huxly
1 week ago#7
"Its only easy if you use the things the game gives you!"

Thats you, thats how you sound.

Also no pokemon game has ever been hard but this one is definitely the not hardest of them.

User Info: The Fir Coat

The Fir Coat
1 week ago#8
Dethuli posted...
The Fir Coat posted...

Not really. You can catch Mankey west of Viridian and it learns Low Kick at 9. Alternately, you can catch either of the Nidorans (which learn Double Kick at 12 or 14 in Yellow), or tried and true Caterpie which evolves to Butterfree at 10 and learns Confusion at 12.

Yeah but most of these are obscure and/or require grinding of some sort. I never saw a mankey there when I was a kid. Why would kids think raising a bug or poison type would help against rocks?

This game puts Oddish on route 1 and tells you to catch it.
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!

User Info: Gogeta887

Gogeta887
1 week ago#9
Dagon_Huxly posted...
"Its only easy if you use the things the game gives you!"

Thats you, thats how you sound.

Also no pokemon game has ever been hard but this one is definitely the not hardest of them.
If time is to change... let it change. If the world is to be destroyed... so be it. If it is my fate to die... I must simply laugh.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#10
The Fir Coat posted...
Yeah but most of these are obscure and/or require grinding of some sort.

Mankey is on an optional Route but it's far from rare and Caterpie is literally the first time a huge chunk of first time players are likely to experience evolution, and evolving so quick means that Butterfree is not out of the question and doesn't require grinding.

The Fir Coat posted...
This game puts Oddish on route 1 and tells you to catch it.

.. So this game makes that match-up easier, is what you're saying.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Why do people call this game easiest pokemon game ever?
  • Topic Archived