This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Today I learned you can be Toxic'd while using Fly

User Info: Vito219

Vito219
1 week ago#1
Wtf?
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003

User Info: NinjaKitsune

NinjaKitsune
1 week ago#2
At some point (I believe it was sun/moon, but it could have been the gen before that), they decided poison types should have perfect accuracy on toxic.

They also decided that poison types should be able to hit with toxic through evasion moves like fly and dig, which I find kinda silly. Up until that point, moves that hit through them made sense. You're underground, of course an earthquake is is going to mess you up. You're way up in the sky, that's not going to stop a freakin' hurricane or big-ass lightning bolt from tearing you a new one. But toxic? There's no logic to that.
Not allowed to play poker with Tarot cards anymore. Last time I did, I got a royal flush and the Dark Lord returned.

Vito219
1 week ago#3
Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon, even if the target is in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move such as Fly or Dig. WELL WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT SECOND PART...
NinjaKitsune posted...
At some point (I believe it was sun/moon, but it could have been the gen before that), they decided poison types should have perfect accuracy on toxic.

They also decided that poison types should be able to hit with toxic through evasion moves like fly and dig, which I find kinda silly. Up until that point, moves that hit through them made sense. You're underground, of course an earthquake is is going to mess you up. You're way up in the sky, that's not going to stop a freakin' hurricane or big-ass lightning bolt from tearing you a new one. But toxic? There's no logic to that.

I can only imagine a Jigglypuff vomiting or throwing it's waste up in the air at the poor soul.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

Vito219
1 week ago#5
Really makes the toxic spam even worse. Feels like I'm 9 again and people are playing the game of who has the strongest Mewtwo and Toxic stall.

User Info: The_Freecs

The_Freecs
1 week ago#6
Vito219 posted...
Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon

is good! the less rng the better.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 week ago#7
Toxic bypassing accuracy checks when used by a Poison type was a Gen 6 change.
[ nd9k ]

Vito219
1 week ago#8
NeonDragon9000 posted...
somehow I missed the vulnerability clause, makes no sense but ok gamefreak

User Info: jerky_666

jerky_666
1 week ago#9
The_Freecs posted...
Vito219 posted...
Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon

is good! the less rng the better.

In Soviet Russia, s*** post makes you!
Vito219 posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
somehow I missed the vulnerability clause, makes no sense but ok gamefreak

Gen 6 added latent type abilities

Poison never misses Toxic
Grass immune to powder and spore moves
Electric can’t be paralyzed
Ghost can’t be trapped
[ nd9k ]
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Today I learned you can be Toxic'd while using Fly