• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Splitting up the fanbase.

User Info: thatethanguy

thatethanguy
1 week ago#1
This game could be one of the best things to happen to the franchise in a while. With this game's release there won't be any need to keep dumbing down the main games because the casual fans will have the easy game they want. Anyone else agree or disagree?
"...Worms!" - Astaroth

User Info: Blaze4

Blaze4
1 week ago#2
This game will most liky be a one off. I dont think they would make another game this simple ever again. The main goal was to clearly get Go players to play this primarily and have them hooked. Although the big misconceptions made were:

1. Not all Go players are gonna get a Switch for this.

2. Go players that care this much to get a Swich and or this game will not take the Mew news positively.

3. Unfortunately this is a minor hit on Gamefreaks fan base supporting this game. To make another Let's Go series without implementing alot of cut mechanics like held items and abilities and daycares (or some kind of welcomed substitute) will be a huge insult to those who have been supporting Gamefreak for literal decades.
Pokemon Sun In Game Name: Blaze
Friend Code: 5043-6171-3629

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
1 week ago#3
No I really wouldn't say so, the decenters with whom are the vocal minority merely scream louder than everyone else. For every one person "Boycotting the game" " Canceling their preorder" or "not buying this trash blah blah blah" There are 100 more buying it. We can play arm-chair financial analyst all day and whatever side you stand on, you should already know its a pokemon title, even absent knowledge of the content, branding alone will ensure it will sell millions. Its not about being apologist or a decenter (or whatever term kids use these days) its literal common sense. There is no "Division" as it is so dramatically put. Nintendo has a clear demographic and it will at the bare minimum meet sales expectations.
Currently playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Overwatch, Nioh, Horizon ZD, Sims 4, Tales of Berseria, Story of Seasons:ToT

User Info: GMArcturus

GMArcturus
1 week ago#4
Sorugue posted...
No I really wouldn't say so, the decenters with whom are the vocal minority merely scream louder than everyone else. For every one person "Boycotting the game" " Canceling their preorder" or "not buying this trash blah blah blah" There are 100 more buying it. We can play arm-chair financial analyst all day and whatever side you stand on, you should already know its a pokemon title, even absent knowledge of the content, branding alone will ensure it will sell millions. Its not about being apologist or a decenter (or whatever term kids use these days) its literal common sense. There is no "Division" as it is so dramatically put. Nintendo has a clear demographic and it will at the bare minimum meet sales expectations.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It's hilarious that you think that. This will definitely not meet any expectations.
Rock Me Like A Hurricane

User Info: dragulas

dragulas
1 week ago#5
Sorugue posted...

all of that isn't even untrue
but you act like that's a positive thing
having a fanbase who will always buy your product no matter what strips away any of your personal accountability
it stops being about the best quality product and becomes about the number of products you can use to milk that fanbase
it's not a positive thing in any sense of the word, not for the fans, the franchise, and not even for the developer from a creative standpoint
and as a consumer all you can do is vote with your wallet to try and make a small difference
because if people stop putting up with cashgrabs, then practices will change and improve
if everyone puts up with it forever, this franchise will keep slipping downhill
but this comes down to individual standards and taste - if you're willing to put up with and buy crap, this means nothing to you because you'll always be happy with what gf s***s out that particular year, and frankly those people are the problem
"We'll cheat, we'll go online, we'll battle and there's NOTHING you can do about it." - calvincfb

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 week ago#6
Sorugue posted...

Pretty much. The most vocal are the ones who can’t understand why people like things they don’t. No need to pay them any mind. Just buy and play what you like. If people have a problem with that, that’s their problem.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: Ryu2968

Ryu2968
1 week ago#7
Blaze4 posted...
I dont think they would make another game this simple ever again.

>Implying Pokemon was never simple

Ok.
https://i.imgtc.com/TxsoPgD.png
"RWBY isn't popular" - Random idiots

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
1 week ago#8
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Sorugue posted...

Pretty much. The most vocal are the ones who can’t understand why people like things they don’t. No need to pay them any mind. Just buy and play what you like. If people have a problem with that, that’s their problem.

Nah I really don't it's just the same old group lurking the boards for any chance they can find to prove they are "Right" rather than going to a board for a game they actually want. Nonsense like "personal accountability" and "We need to rally up against imaginary Tyranny Rah! Rah! Rah!" is laughable at best. Its a toothless cause that will get nowhere because the people who are the "problem" are free thinking enough to know what they want and what they enjoy. That's the part they can't stand thus they will scream at the top of their lungs "OH LOOK AT ME!! I DONT LIKE THE GAME PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!". The level of desperation is amusing as the only time wasted is theirs. This isn't a Battlefront 2 situation where that was an actual cause to take a stand against, and even then there were some fine with predatory microtransactions and you know what? That's cool, they got fun and amusement for their money and personal enjoyment is all that matters.

So yeah.... all these buzz words? like "personal accountability" and "Vote with your wallets", everything that makes the internet a cesspool of unasked for opinions that it is today, is laughable. Its literally delusional for anyone to think this wont sell as I said for every crybaby without a cause there are 100 more buying it, drowning out their "Voice", so their only alternative is to lash out here the next few months.
Currently playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Overwatch, Nioh, Horizon ZD, Sims 4, Tales of Berseria, Story of Seasons:ToT

User Info: dragulas

dragulas
1 week ago#9
Sorugue posted...
a bunch of s*** he didn't have the balls to argue against me and had to project passive aggressively in a comment to someone else

when you grow some, let me know
"We'll cheat, we'll go online, we'll battle and there's NOTHING you can do about it." - calvincfb

User Info: Ryu2968

Ryu2968
1 week ago#10
Sorugue posted...
Nah I really don't it's just the same old group lurking the boards

You forgot to mention the part where they all have like 5-10+ alternate accounts each just to "back" each other up.

They're like 35-40 years old or way older still acting as if Pokemon is this skillful/hardcore competitive video game.
https://i.imgtc.com/TxsoPgD.png
"RWBY isn't popular" - Random idiots
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Splitting up the fanbase.
  • Topic Archived