This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. it's official, pokemon is dead

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/15/17963926/pokemon-lets-go-nintendo-switch-pikachu-evee

These games will be serving as the base for the next 20 years of pokemon

User Info: mikey_205

mikey_205
4 weeks ago#2
Let's see how it does first. I hope it has mediocre sales. I honestly doubt they'll keep the catching mechanic given the outcry.

But yeh i dont like this catering to lowest denominator mentality he has these days.

These japanese dev interview are just empty PR promotion half the time. I remember Miyamoto going on about how he thinks about fitness more and more when they had all their Wii Fit stuff coming out - was he really or was it just to support their game.

Next game i bet they'll talk about focusing on the competitive aspects of Pokemon and making sure they arent left out.
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569

User Info: mikey_205

mikey_205
4 weeks ago#3
Also what we know is that they want to capture the Go audience but not lose their existing one. I'd expect the 2019 game to be more inline with Sun and Moon providing lets go doesnt sell phenominally well (which its not likely to do based on preorders vs sun and moon).
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
4 weeks ago#4
SM already alienated old fans tho, LGPE are just even worse.

So no, going back to SM wouldn't suddenly save this either
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

Deadinsideman
4 weeks ago#5
So which mrpg franchise are ya'll jumping ship to? for me its digimon and SMT

User Info: Severo

Severo
4 weeks ago#6
SMT for sure

User Info: Kurisu-LoneWolf

Kurisu-LoneWolf
4 weeks ago#7
Good.
Series could do with a hard reboot.

Deadinsideman
4 weeks ago#8
I agree it could've used a hard reboot but this was the worst possible way they could've gone about it

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
4 weeks ago#9
This is not a reboot

Romhacking their own 3ds games with map editor and citra upscale after stripping off content is only a reboot to unfortunate people living in mental asylum
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: kangle4

kangle4
4 weeks ago#10
It's concerning but let's wait and see how next years games turn out.

If they are also dumbed down than it's time to worry.
PSN + XBLA: kangle4
Nintendo Switch FC: 0500-8391-0541 3DS FC: 3952-7027-5015
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. it's official, pokemon is dead
  • Topic Archived