This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Everything wrong with Pokémon Let's Go and why it will fail

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
2 months ago#1
Pokemon Let's Go in all its infinite wisdom:

-Removed held items and abilities yet somehow allows Megas

-Removed Wild Pokemon battles

-The ability to trade over your now PAID ONLINE SERVICE IN ADDITION TO ONLINE BATTLES!

-Increased the price $20 more than normal Pokémon games despite having half the content

-Only using the first 151 Pokemon plus a sneak preview of a game I don't believe actually exists

-Put a mythical Pokemon behind a $50 paywall and a glorified Pokewalker as opposed to a digital distribution

-Made the graphics WORSE than USUM

-Not improving on or fixing any problems from the plumper and more well-made remakes FRLG.

-Handholding worse than any other Pokémon game despite the fact that all Pokémon games are made for the same f***ing audience. Seriously, kids don't actually like being talked down to.

None of these are nitpicks or me making s*** up. These are real, egregious problems Let's Go has and the husband just prove Nintendo are scum. Unless the market audience still s***s their pants and watches Barney as Baby's first Pokemon game I don't see this actuslly selling. And parent ssould never let a toddler handle this system anyway.

Personally I'd rather have NOTHING over a long development period and a well made game over this pile.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: kaushik20

kaushik20
2 months ago#2
It's fine if you don't like the game or any the things you listed. I'm not buying the game myself, but I know a lot of others will like what this has to offer.

But if you think for a second this game is going to fail commercially, I got a bridge to sell you.

User Info: Nintendo_Sabres

Nintendo_Sabres
2 months ago#3
Well this was all completely new and insightful.
3DS FC: 1134 9740 7308; IGN: Anuj

User Info: metal01

metal01
2 months ago#4
Shut up until the game is released. You have zero idea how it will do or what is or isn't wrong with it until then.

User Info: Tha_Man_DS

Tha_Man_DS
2 months ago#5
-Removed held items and abilities yet somehow allows Megas -->
Gen1 didn't have abilities and holding items and guess what? PLGP/E are inspired by Pokemon Yellow, a gen1 game... Megas are a bonus.

-Removed Wild Pokemon battles -->
They changed the 'catch wild Pokemon' mechanic to attract PoGo players: The more audience, the better + you can still battle WILD Pokemon --> Legendaries.

-The ability to trade over your now PAID ONLINE SERVICE IN ADDITION TO ONLINE BATTLES! -->
Uhm, this isn't this game's fault. Nintendo has a new online service, which you have to sub. to. The same goes for games like MK8D, Splatoon 2, ARMS, etc. MS & Sony have been doing this for ages... O and it's $20 per year(!), if you can't pay that, you should stop playing videogames right now.

-Increased the price $20 more than normal Pokémon games despite having half the content -->
This is because this is a console/hybrid game (the first ones, too) on a brand-new system, not a handheld game. Ever heard of resources, etc.?

-Only using the first 151 Pokemon plus a sneak preview of a game I don't believe actually exists -->
Uhh, it's gen1. You know... 151 Pokemon... And now + 1 extra. HOORAY!!

-Put a mythical Pokemon behind a $50 paywall and a glorified Pokewalker as opposed to a digital distribution -->
You can send Mew over from PoGo: It is available for EVERYONE in that game, so you don't have to pay $50 if you don't want too + You don't know if we are able to participate in digital distribution events in the (near) future.

-Made the graphics WORSE than USUM -->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Sln7wH3So
The resolution of (U)S(U)M games are sooo bad on the 3DS. I like the games, but they look bad...
Also: The graphics of PLGP/E are way smoother.
If you don't agree with this: You're blind... ;-)

-Not improving on or fixing any problems from the plumper and more well-made remakes FRLG -->
Which "problems" should they fix or what should they improve?

-Handholding worse than any other Pokémon game -->
You can't say this until you've played the game yourself + SM had the worst handholding ever, it can't be worse than that! :'-D

Don't close your whiny eyes for the facts. ;-)

User Info: AG15

AG15
2 months ago#6
You know, I used to be upset at the idea of not having wild battles. Then I tried playing HeartGold again but after having to grind for like 25 minutes to level up my pokemon I was like 'nope, not playing this game.'

Same thing happened when I tried playing FFTactics: War of the Lions. Once I realized how much grinding is required I just stopped playing.

I think I got to a point in my life where grinding to level up is just a damn nuissance, so I am kinda looking forward to Pokemon LGP not having that issue. Just my two cents.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

User Info: Roziel

Roziel
2 months ago#7
Tha_Man_DS posted...
Gen1 didn't have abilities and holding items and guess what? PLGP/E are inspired by Pokemon Yellow, a gen1 game... Megas are a bonus.

They changed the 'catch wild Pokemon' mechanic to attract PoGo players: The more audience, the better + you can still battle WILD Pokemon --> Legendaries.

-The ability to trade over your now PAID ONLINE SERVICE IN ADDITION TO ONLINE BATTLES! -->
Uhm, this isn't this game's fault. Nintendo has a new online service, which you have to sub. to. The same goes for games like MK8D, Splatoon 2, ARMS, etc. MS & Sony have been doing this for ages... O and it's $20 per year(!), if you can't pay that, you should stop playing videogames right now.

-Increased the price $20 more than normal Pokémon games despite having half the content -->
This is because this is a console/hybrid game (the first ones, too) on a brand-new system, not a handheld game. Ever heard of resources, etc.?

-Only using the first 151 Pokemon plus a sneak preview of a game I don't believe actually exists -->

-Put a mythical Pokemon behind a $50 paywall and a glorified Pokewalker as opposed to a digital distribution -->
You can send Mew over from PoGo: It is available for EVERYONE in that game, so you don't have to pay $50 if you don't want too + You don't know if we are able to participate in digital distribution events in the (near) future.

The resolution of (U)S(U)M games are sooo bad on the 3DS. I like the games, but they look bad...

-Not improving on or fixing any problems from the plumper and more well-made remakes FRLG -->

You can't say this until you've played the game yourself + SM had the worst handholding ever, it can't be worse than that! :'-D

I hope you're trolling. It's been confirmed you can't transfer Mew from GO. And the gen 2/3 remakes didn't leave out every pokemon that wasn't available in their original versions, no reason for LGPE to do it.

judging by the winky faces you probably are trolling but you can never tell with people now, some people are really this blindingly accepting
... I don't understand that reference.
The offical Giratina of the Ultra Sun board (FC 3196-7331-2195)

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
2 months ago#8
Tha_Man_DS posted...

Held Items and abilities were still a thing in the Gen 3 remakes...

The service isn't the problem, it's the removal of these established features that have been the norm for over 10 years now. It's limiting for those of us who can't play Go.

The original DS Pokemon games were in that f***ing boat too... they were $40 like everything else.

Gen 3 remakes had a good majority of the later gens, even if they were locked behind a postgame.

Mew cannot be transferred to or from Go. It's $50 DLC for one character!

The graphics are infinitely worse

I can say withit a doubt this game will hold your hand worse because of specific moves made for Pikachu and Eevee among other things that MAKE THE GAME EASY. The fact that the gyms require you to have an advantage now to enter makes this handholding. The Vermillion Gym trash puzzle has the answer staring you in the face! Need I go on?
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
2 months ago#9
Mew cannot be transferred to or from Go. It's $50 DLC for one character!

Somebody never grinded out pokemon ranger for manaphy $35 DLC!!!!
Or even worse $50 pokemon channel for Jirachi.

EDIT: Did someone say.....shadow lugia??
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
2 months ago#10
AG15 posted...
You know, I used to be upset at the idea of not having wild battles. Then I tried playing HeartGold again but after having to grind for like 25 minutes to level up my pokemon I was like 'nope, not playing this game.'

You should never grind in these games (and, even if you want to argue some things are harder without that, those are just very limited instances of bad game design, like SM's Poni Island's backwards level curve) and you picked one of the games with the worst level curve in the franchise.

RNG encounters have a lot of positives, game-design-wise, especially for Pokémon, and grinding has absolutely no bearing in the conversation of "should they be there Vs not"; even then, people who grind do enjoy having Wild Encounters, so this doesn't really make sense; heck, they even blatantly and disgustingly bloated EXP gain in LGPE to not even come close to having to deal with this issue.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  3. Everything wrong with Pokémon Let's Go and why it will fail
  • Topic Archived