You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sai4321

sai4321
7 months ago#1
I'm a more experienced gamer, been around for almost 40 years. I got PSVR for christmas, and I was really excited. I've messed around with VR at PAX and E3 and walked away smiling. I did not however expect it to be the most fun I've had with games since I played Crono Trigger for the first time. VR, and specifically this game, have rekindled my love for the medium. Its truly feels like stepping into the future, it's pure magic.

If you miss this game, your missing one of the best games made in the last 10 years. It's simply that good. I really hope that Japan Studio keeps at it. It would be a real shame if they didn't revisit this world. Do yourself a favor and play this game.
You spoony bard!

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
6 months ago#2
I just played this for the first time.
I had read reviews and such, but I didn't understand why it was on VR.
Now I get it.
I thought a right analogue stick would work fine for this type of game, until I leaned forward to see behind an obstacle to collect something.
This game is brilliant, easily the most innovative I have played on years.
3DS FC: 1564 3971 2596 IGN: Lilo
Token Aussie @ Prism Islands

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
6 months ago#3
I've never had to pause a game ten seconds in just to collect myself because it was so amazing I was overwhelmed.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

sai4321
6 months ago#4
This game needs to be experienced by more people. Just give people 15 minutes with it. It couldn't be on just any platfotm either, it has to be on VR. Unfortunately, the VR platform is still a bit spendy. The entry point is a high, but if anyone considers themselves a gamer it's worth the investment.
You spoony bard!

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
6 months ago#5
I got mine on Black Friday for $250 which is high for the few games I've got on it, but pretty cheap for how futuristic the tech feels.

Have you got to World 2 or 3 yet? Because there's some amazing levels there.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
6 months ago#6
sai4321 posted...
This game needs to be experienced by more people. Just give people 15 minutes with it. It couldn't be on just any platfotm either, it has to be on VR. Unfortunately, the VR platform is still a bit spendy. The entry point is a high, but if anyone considers themselves a gamer it's worth the investment.

I got VR because despite considering myself a semi-hardcore gamer I haven't wanted to play any new games for more than a couple hours. They're all too samey, whereas VR (while in its infancy) is at least original in its game design.
3DS FC: 1564 3971 2596 IGN: Lilo
Token Aussie @ Prism Islands
(edited 6 months ago)

sai4321
6 months ago#7
da_StoOge posted...
Have you got to World 2 or 3 yet? Because there's some amazing levels there.

I've just completed world 3. The boss fights are fantastic. I'm excited and bummed at the same time that I only have 2 worlds left to go.
You spoony bard!

User Info: Skizza306

Skizza306
6 months ago#8
Got this in the mail today. Decided to play it for half an hour or so after work to try it out a little... Next thing I know it's almost 3 hours later, haha.

I think 20 years from now people will probably talk about this game as one of the important early examples of how to use VR in gaming right.

User Info: SSBR10

SSBR10
5 months ago#9
Yeah, this game deserves more attention. It's truly amazing.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
4 months ago#10
Amazing game. Picked up the PSVR Mega Bundle 2 days ago. This and Wipeout justify the purchase imo. Both such good games that really use VR to the fullest. Not 100% into Doom or Skyrim yet but will give them a better chance to impress once I’m finished with this. Is Moss a similar experience to this? Looked good in trailers.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch
PSN/XBLive: Willavom