• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  3. I kinda find it funny how people say Nintendo should get in on this...

User Info: SSBR10

SSBR10
9 months ago#1
...because usually people say Sony is the one who always copies Nintendo. After the PlayStation Classic was announced, there's a lot of people going "Sony is ripping off Nintendo" or "Sony didn't do this until Nintendo did it".

Yet now after Astro Bot Rescue Mission comes out, I'm now seeing some comments like "I hope Nintendo gets in on the VR" or "I'd love to see Nintendo make a Mario VR game". It's kind of ironic in some ways.

Personally, I'm okay with just Sony doing this. Nintendo doesn't need to get in on EVERYTHING. So for me, Astro Bot is good enough.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter

User Info: Time

Time
8 months ago#2
There's no way the switch is powerful enough to support vr so it won't happen this gen.
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com - GameFAQs Karma Calculator.

User Info: darknile

darknile
8 months ago#3
Time posted...
There's no way the switch is powerful enough to support vr so it won't happen this gen.

Well the switch isn't powerful enough on it's own, and neither was the PS4 Pro I own because the VR still came with an extra processor. So if Nintendo did make a VR system it would probably be a larger docking system that boosts the processing power of the switch to VR capable standards.
-You know you're badass if you can make the Lord of all Evil cry.

User Info: Dark_Emil

Dark_Emil
8 months ago#4
Nintendo is not on the tech-race anymore. It will be long years before Nintendo try VR again and by then Sony and even Microsoft will be light-years ahead of them.

User Info: bhamacuk

bhamacuk
8 months ago#5
darknile posted...
Time posted...

Well the switch isn't powerful enough on it's own, and neither was the PS4 Pro I own because the VR still came with an extra processor. So if Nintendo did make a VR system it would probably be a larger docking system that boosts the processing power of the switch to VR capable standards.

Legitimate question but why does vr require a lot of processing power?

User Info: sean697

sean697
8 months ago#6
bhamacuk posted...
darknile posted...
Time posted...

bhamacuk posted...
darknile posted...
Time posted...

Because you need to render an image twice. One for each eye. So basically double the processing power right there. Then the resolution needs to be high enough to work because the screeen is so close to your face, 1)Too low and pixels readily visible, and 2) the 3D effect is not convincing with not enough pixels to adequately portray distance and depth.

So 1080p really at a minimum, the higher resolution the better, plus rendering the full scene once for each eye.

User Info: MartinB105

MartinB105
8 months ago#7
darknile posted...
Well the switch isn't powerful enough on it's own, and neither was the PS4 Pro I own because the VR still came with an extra processor.

The PSVR "Processing Unit" is not an "extra processor". The only thing it does is un-warp the VR image to display on the social screen, and 3D audio. Literally no game graphics or general processing is done on the Processing Unit.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
7 months ago#8
sean697 posted...

Not to mention the fact that games need to run at a 100% locked 60-90FPS.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
7 months ago#9
I feel this is EXACTLY what Nintendo would have made if they got into VR. Stage for stage
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
  1. Boards
  2. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  3. I kinda find it funny how people say Nintendo should get in on this...
  • Topic Archived