• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: huyi

huyi
9 months ago#1
who else had a problem with the shark boss? I can't be the only one?

I have had no problem with the previous bosses but this shark boss is taking the ultimate mick, epically those stupid squids.

those hit boxes are atrocious.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

User Info: WishingTikal

WishingTikal
9 months ago#2
I thought it was easy. I found it easier than the bird.
Real gamers play cute games. ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/WishingTikal

huyi
9 months ago#3
previous bosses were a breeze compared to this monstrosity.

I've sadly given up though (to keep my sanity), I've enjoyed the game while it lasted, it's a shame my experience has been ruined by something so nasty and cheap.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

User Info: darknile

darknile
8 months ago#4
Everything has it's strategy. It can be done, you just have to learn how.
-You know you're badass if you can make the Lord of all Evil cry.

huyi
8 months ago#5
darknile posted...
Everything has it's strategy. It can be done, you just have to learn how.

don't you think i've tried? i've watched videos on how it's done and attempted it multiple times (at least 20 times) and still failed.

there is nothing to learn in cheapness and small squid spamming which you have to jump over and loose your lives (that is RNG luck and not based on skill if you get thru them), the boss sequence is way too long for anyone to survive without getting hit and i expect the final boss to be even longer hence the reason why i quit and didn't play it anymore.

i don't have time to go back to it anyway with other more enjoyable games to play atm but even if i did have the time to attempt it once again my patience will just be tested and i won't have time to put up with it again.

and for a scale of things i put up with MOSS and that game is miles more harder and i got platinum on that game, what do you have to say now? cheapness and RNG luck VS difficulty and skill.

User Info: Dark_Emil

Dark_Emil
8 months ago#6
Come on, man. It's not a pushover like previous bosses but not that hard at all. The last boss is more difficult and epic. The minions attacks can be predicted as they always follow the same pattern. There are safe spots all over the place, you just need to know where they are.

User Info: sean697

sean697
8 months ago#7
Dude,sharkboss, or any boss is not hard compared to any other 3D platformer boss. Some of his tells aren’t obvious the first time. But I’ve beat him without getting hit.

First. The red squids he shoots straight at you in waves. Just move left and right. Ive never gotten hit by one. Just left and right dodging between rows. You don’t have to jump. Anything. Just swim left and right between them.

The single rows of squids between the tall standing waves. How to tackle those is to move onto the top of the wave, and swim back to stay on the crest. Then jump and glide to the next crest over the top of the squids. Repeat. When they start jumping, Kemp holding back to stay on the crest of the wave until they are down, time your jump across to next wave crest. Once you do this, easy.

Sections where the wood rafts come up with dynamite. Just grab dynamite and throw at shark. You don’t have to kill all the enemies. They become no threat after you throw dynamite and get washed away by the sharks wave.

The section where there is no enemies and a single raft with dynamite that rises in the air is tricky, only because you may not know what has happened. You grab the dynamite and the shark launches the rafts into the air. You will be on the top middle raft in the air not the water. It’s not obvious that’s where you are at first. The shark will target a raft indicated by the red target icon. Just jump left or right to an untargeted platform. Repeat until that section done. Don’t get hit.

Last large wave you are under water while your robot swims between a large wave of squids. Very easy, just navigate the squid river by not touching them. Is not very hard.

Last section is a piece of cake, you get the Gatling gun. Throw the propane tanks in the sharks mouth. Shoot all the squids with your gun controller. Not that challenging. Shoot the tanks in his mouth to blow him up and win.

It’s simple really.

User Info: warrie

warrie
8 months ago#8
I think you get hit mostly when the squids are being shot right at you, mostly by the last row?
I found it the easiest to avoid the first rows normally (which is easy because you can move in one diagonal line), the last row, while ofcourse trying to avoid them, I also jumped.
Never got hit by them again doing it that way.

Don't give up, this game is too great to get frustrated over. I found the last boss easier than the shark.

huyi
8 months ago#9
sean697 posted...
But I’ve beat him without getting hit.

ah here we go....

warrie posted...
Don't give up, this game is too great to get frustrated over.

don't give up and watch my blood pressure boil over you mean? i may go back to it one day if i'm extremely bored, i'm swimming in other games right now to drop everything and go back to playing this atm.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
8 months ago#10
The 2 rows/waves of squids was the hardest part for me. Finding the perfect spot to jump over them was kind of tricky.

Then I got to Challenge #4...now that one is hard.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929
  • Topic Archived