No Premium is going to kill this game like Battlefront 2.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield V
  3. No Premium is going to kill this game like Battlefront 2.

User Info: Marcster1994

Marcster1994
4 days ago#1
EA can't live in a world where they aren't making people pay double the price for all of the content. The developers won't have any incentive to create content. Expect less maps than usual, and a total lack of developer input if the game ends up not selling as good as it should. They're going to drop this game hard like Battlefront 2.
Switch: SW-7617-7348-9391 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HystericalGhost

User Info: ROTTEN

ROTTEN
4 days ago#2
Yep. Things are not looking good for BFV. Do people even know this game is coming out? Nobody seems to care. I know fanboys will defend to the end, but let's be honest here. This game is going to flop really, really bad and it's going to cause more than a few issues for dice/EA.

User Info: fsurb28

fsurb28
4 days ago#3
Marcster1994 posted...
EA can't live in a world where they aren't making people pay double the price for all of the content. The developers won't have any incentive to create content. Expect less maps than usual, and a total lack of developer input if the game ends up not selling as good as it should. They're going to drop this game hard like Battlefront 2.

When they 1st announced no premium those are the EXACT thoughts that came to my mind.
PSN - fsulb10 / GT - Fsulb13

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
4 days ago#4
It depends on how many whales they catch
Quit Crying

User Info: ROTTEN

ROTTEN
4 days ago#5
They know what's about to happen and they are already moving on lol

User Info: whobdatboi

whobdatboi
4 days ago#6
I see your points but I’m actually not too worried and think it’ll all be fine as even Hardline, which is considered a flop, still had fun and found games after like more than a year from launch.
The fan base demanded no premium.
XBL gamertag= WshngtonianSerb; xfire= unwaryanteater
BF:V name= John Kerry; BF2=Bloody_Reverend

User Info: qrqwqrqrq

qrqwqrqrq
4 days ago#8
globetrotter659 posted...
The fan base demanded no premium.

They fan base doesn't know what they want.
I would have loved to spend $50 to get two new hero units, three new maps, and a new game mode every three months in Starwars Battlefront 2 like I did for Battlefront 2015, over the current free dlc system, of one new thing every couple months.
Doomed to obscurity forever... What I deserve for not taking this more seriously.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: StillAtMyMoms

StillAtMyMoms
3 days ago#9
Duh, all DLC is free.

User Info: jroggs

jroggs
3 days ago#10
No premium? Hello bankruptcy! Can you imagine if someone released a shooter that was free to play? That game would make NO money, am I right?*

Sarcasm aside, who really gives a s*** how much money DICE makes? The servers will be populated, you're a fool if you think otherwise, and nothing else should matter to you as a player.

*For the stupid: I'm talking about Fortnite.
PSN - jroggs0352 / YouTube Channel - jroggs85
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield V
  3. No Premium is going to kill this game like Battlefront 2.