People were scared to attack tanks

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield V
  3. People were scared to attack tanks

User Info: iLoveCzee

iLoveCzee
1 week ago#1
Everytime I'd grab a tank at the beginning of a round I noticed the enemy teams didnt do s*** to me.
On the snow map I'd go straight to C and just sit there popping dudes.
The enemy team basically gave up everytime I'd get maby 10 kills then get sloppy and drive into a group of them and get blown up.

Got haitmail a couple times. Got called a COD camper and told to go back to cod. One game I got haitmail 2x in the same game. Let's remember this was a beta.

😂😂
https://www.youtube.com/user/ICeeZeeI

User Info: Desner

Desner
1 week ago#2
I might have been the only one to use the Panzerfaust in this beta, don’t recall seeing anyone else shoot it. Got 3 tank destroys on Rotterdamn once.
Playing: BF1, Steep, Diablo 3, Steamworld Dig

User Info: ors_kar

ors_kar
1 week ago#3
tanks should be scary so sounds great. I'm guessing the anti tank gear is s*** vs infantry though so the scrubs aren't running it? or is it because the easy mode guns (ie spray pray smgs) aren't on the anti tank class?

hope they still get wrecked by planes though, nothing like ruining some tanker's streak.

I also realised faster ttk means more hatemail, bf1 being slower explains why I wasn't getting as much hatemail as before, I always doubted that the community was suddenly more mature (I mean I still get just as angry after a bad few games as I did a decade ago)
PSN: theguitarist

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
1 week ago#4
The tanks actually feel a bit weaker because of the need to resupply and limited armor regeneration (the cap is removed and you are repaired while resupplying). The splash damage seemed to be pretty low too but the turret is very deadly.

It just felt like everyone was hoping they would be ignored by the tank or weren’t confident that anyone would help them take it out. Because once a couple people start to focus on taking a tank down they usually don’t last that long unless the tanker is very defensive
Quit Crying

User Info: jroggs

jroggs
1 week ago#5
I'll bet you more than half the players never even equipped the Panzerfausts once.

But yeah, it was a big problem in BF1 and it's probably not going to change going forward. Players pick Assault just for their favorite bullet hose and run away from every tank they see. It's too bad. As Czee demonstrated in a recent video, in BFV a tank without infantry support is very, very vulnerable.

Those Panzerfausts are terrific, though. A pair of Assaults working together making smart use of cover can take out a tank very quickly. Same with dynamite. I was a little underwhelmed by the AT mines. I guess they have a really long prep-after-plant time or something? If you want to use them aggressively, you pretty much gotta set them off yourself.
PSN - jroggs0352 / YouTube Channel - jroggs85

User Info: Double991

Double991
1 week ago#6
The tank is pretty tough to solo as a lone assault without an ammo resupply but it's fair since the tank is limited too.

I was a little bothered that the grenade launcher they locked into your 1st gear slot did 0 damage though. I'm sure the later field specs will allow you to use 2 effective explosives.
PSN : Double991
Add yourself to the GameFAQs BF1 Leaderboard: http://bf1stats.com/lb/GameFAQs
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: iLoveCzee

iLoveCzee
1 week ago#7
Yeah guitar the medic now has smgs.

When trying to figure out how to resupply I do t know how many times I drove right into that ammo station and the whole thing would blow up.

I noticed that about normal gun ammo stations also. Half way through the match it would disappear? Wth man if they do that they can manage games and that's not cool.

I didnt notice if another ammo station appeared in a different spot tho. Maby someone blew it up? That would be a good approach to win games if we can destroy ammo stations.

But also horrible so I hope they figure that out.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ICeeZeeI

Desner
1 week ago#8
iLoveCzee posted...
When trying to figure out how to resupply I do t know how many times I drove right into that ammo station and the whole thing would blow up.

Same

User Info: Matt_256

Matt_256
1 week ago#9
Double991 posted...
The tank is pretty tough to solo as a lone assault without an ammo resupply but it's fair since the tank is limited too.

I was a little bothered that the grenade launcher they locked into your 1st gear slot did 0 damage though. I'm sure the later field specs will allow you to use 2 effective explosives.

Oh man, that grenade launcher is so useless in this game. There's zero splash on the thing

Desner
1 week ago#10
Panzerfaust is indeed pretty bad against infantry and I found the dynamite throwing animation to be longer.

It’s cool to bust some fortifications up with the rocket though.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield V
  3. People were scared to attack tanks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.