• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
  3. A dangerous precedence regarding RotN

User Info: Zero-Genesis

Zero-Genesis
6 months ago#1
Being that I selected the PS4 code and am still waiting for that to be released (I refuse to play the limited Steam version), I'm extremely worried that this same fiasco will happen with RotN. This is based on another kickstarter, Mighty No. 9, where all the backers had to wait for their codes to appear while anyone can just pick up the game on release. It was as if backers were being punished for backing the game. Granted MN9 was a heap of garbage and no one should buy it, why is it so difficult to get these codes ready before release?

Bringing this back to RotN, I would hate to wait 1+ week to get my code since everything will be spoiled by the time I get around to playing it. I'm the type of guy that likes to break into a game day 1 and post my discoveries/impressions on forums/reddit. There's the argument of "stay off the internet until you get the game," but that's impossible for me as my job heavily involves Youtube and there's always that a****** who puts a spoiler thumbnail in their "Final Boss Spoiler lolz" video that appears in my feed.

I'm almost confident backers will have to wait for their game when RotN comes out, meaning the only way to get around this is double-dipping and buying it on release. I already had CotM spoiled with all these final boss videos being recommended to me, and I haven't even got to play the game yet.
Birthed from nothingness. Extinguishing the glimmer of eternity. The flowing motion which exceeds Time.

User Info: Jonor57

Jonor57
6 months ago#2
Well, I am worried that since Curse of the Moon is not available at all on PS4/PSVita in some EU-countries (including one I live in), that the same thing will happen with Ritual of the Night. If that ends up being the case, I am going to be very grumpy.
Yes, I think differently than you.

User Info: Holy

Holy
6 months ago#3
Well I backed the physical release, so it better not happen.
Topic: "Banging Trash Can Lids for An Hour" - GTA IV Board
Oh my bad, I expected St. Anger. - Shaneomook_212

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
6 months ago#4
There were a lot of codes to generate and it sounds like they underestimated how long it would take. They probably began the process way too late. After this I'd actually be surprised if the same thing happens with the main game.

*precedent
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: s_dubs

s_dubs
6 months ago#5
Yeah i backed for physical, so hopefully this won't happen with that. I honestly don't even care about this one all that much because i'm not a nostalgic person and thus do not like 8-bit style games, so for me personally the wait for the code is just whatever.

For those who do want to play it though, I feel for you and let's hope they learned their lesson and get enough codes for the main game for those who are going digital.
psn: http://psnprofiles.com/smward87
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1820490/

User Info: tav19

tav19
6 months ago#6
Well given that ArtPlay, FanGamer, & 505 Games are getting the heat for IntiCreates f**k up (even though they really have nothing to do with it at all outside of FanGamer distributing game codes to backers as soon as they get them directly from IntiCreates) I'd say that they are gonna make real sure that something like this doesn't happen with their game when the time comes for it to release.

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
6 months ago#7
This happens all the time and isn't limited to Bloodstained. All the Shantae backers had to wait for their codes as well when normal folks could just buy it off the store.

I wouldn't expect any change with the main game, unfortunately.

User Info: Black-Isz

Black-Isz
6 months ago#8
MrBeens posted...
This happens all the time and isn't limited to Bloodstained. All the Shantae backers had to wait for their codes as well when normal folks could just buy it off the store.

I wouldn't expect any change with the main game, unfortunately.

Wow, that is really f***ed up!

User Info: BlankTheKnight

BlankTheKnight
6 months ago#9
This is my first kickstarter, but I just figured this kinda thing is just par for the course as far as being some delays getting codes out to all the backers in time and even having to wait for whenever physical copy will be sent out. I get that some will be upset and some will be impatient I am sure, but I expect delays for RotN too. Not a ridiculous delay, but if I have to wait a week or two just for my physical copy to come in I don't mind it's like ordering with the free shipping and not paying for the next day shipping kinda thing. Maybe I am wrong, but it's what I expect from a kickstarter game. So I don't really get the outrage personally.

User Info: Dmm80

Dmm80
6 months ago#10
Curse of the moon was a pleasant surprise for me so I'm not too upset, I had no idea that stretch goal would turn into this. However for rotn I think it would be inexcusable, seeing how backers helped make the game happened, if anything we should get it a day in advance of retail.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
  3. A dangerous precedence regarding RotN
  • Topic Archived