• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
  3. Nightmare is no joke *spoilers*

User Info: Miraboreasu

Miraboreasu
6 months ago#21
Hirokey123 posted...
Nightmare is no joke but I think with the 4th boss it crosses borderline into bad design. No other boss feels like it requires specific sub weapons to beat and there is basically almost no opening to get in good damage. It was without a doubt the hardest challenge for me in the game though just it's first phase, it's second phase isn't bad.

It's pretty bulls***, for sure.

What I did was wait on the safe platform at the back. This will make the bottom head fire and the top head shoot poison balls; next, jump to the first platform, as soon as the distance allows it jump over the first posion ball to the bottom floor, this timing makes it so that you fall down at the end of the fire stream and the second ball's trajectory is still on course for where you were; use Miriam and you'll get in more hits. Then retreat and repeat until the bottom head is down.

Once the top head has fired a salvo is balls, dodge or destroy them and get under its chin as Gebel and just spam the attack. It'll destroy any ball it fires without them bursting into poison. Last head is easy enough, just Gebel it up and do four attacks and then get to safety.

This strat is 100% safe, and doesn't rely on any sub weapon. It can be done as any character, too, but preferably with Miriam for the bottom head.

Alternativey, use Alfred to freeze the heads and use Miriam to axe weapon them down really fast. Destroys the f***er so fast.

User Info: Luolapeikko

Luolapeikko
6 months ago#22
Stage 6 boss strat: start with the upper head as Gebel, just get close and spam attack, dodge up with bat when it breathes fire. Bottom head can not hurt you on the upper ledge, and Miriams whip will reach him just fine there. Last head is easy no matter what.

No specific subweapon needed, only around 10 hearts.

User Info: boringdork

boringdork
6 months ago#23
WiiareVenom posted...
Honestly, I found Nightmare EASIER. Sure, I switched from veteran to casual. But that only gives you infinite lives and no knock back. But I only died twice period, to the final boss, and never got hit over a put anyway.

No knock back is massive, and you also start with a higher cap on your sub weapon. It's definitely going to be easier that way.

Edit: Trying it out... holy smokes do hearts drop like crazy
Edit 2: The boss encounters are different as well, for example the second boss goes offscreen and rocks drop from the ceiling -there are less/and you don't even have to move to avoid.

User Info: hobobelmont

hobobelmont
6 months ago#24
Hirokey123 posted...
Nightmare is no joke but I think with the 4th boss it crosses borderline into bad design. No other boss feels like it requires specific sub weapons to beat and there is basically almost no opening to get in good damage. It was without a doubt the hardest challenge for me in the game though just it's first phase, it's second phase isn't bad.

That's the double dragon heads, yes? Just put yourself near the bottom head and it will also try to bite you and not do the fire beam. I used Gebel: you pop the top head's bubbles while crushing the bottom, and you can continue to kill the top mashing one button. I was surprised how easy it was compared to my normal run.
Playing video games for story is like eating at Golden Corral for the food quality. - Endgame

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
6 months ago#25
Not sure why Hirokey had some trouble with "Double Dragon".

I'm not saying it's easy, but there's definitely a pattern to observe. Whip the first head from afar until it's about to fire, then jump back to the left of the screen, jump forward on the first platform, and jump again with the right timing to fall right behind the bubbles. I don't pop the bubbles it's too dangerous.

Classic CV you know, I certainly died 5 times to get this right, but once you know the "dance", it's alright.

The final boss in normal Zangetsu is the one I had the most trouble with. I still have no idea how to kill its first form without taking damage. Then for the second form there's a pattern again.

User Info: Dmm80

Dmm80
6 months ago#26
Hydra boss nightmare I wailed on the bottom head, then turned into a bat when he fires and flew to the closest top platform. Then I dropped down and repeat. The rest of the fight is like normal but with more hits. Its funny that hydra actually gets tricky, but all the library boss gets is an extra spike lol.

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
6 months ago#27
Ultimate mode final boss is no joke (Powered up version of the normal final boss). Took me quite by surprise, and absolutely destroyed me. Of course anyone can eventually beat it because there are infinite 1-ups there, but still one of the hardest bosses in the game.

User Info: CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K
6 months ago#28
MrBeens posted...
Ultimate mode final boss is no joke (Powered up version of the normal final boss). Took me quite by surprise, and absolutely destroyed me. Of course anyone can eventually beat it because there are infinite 1-ups there, but still one of the hardest bosses in the game.

It's just the red crescent moons that become way too f***ing fast to react to. Everything else is still the same as before, minus them expecting you to dash in order to avoid the moon drop.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
~ Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
6 months ago#29
CyberDragon10K posted...
MrBeens posted...

It's just the red crescent moons that become way too f***ing fast to react to. Everything else is still the same as before, minus them expecting you to dash in order to avoid the moon drop.

Yeah, it's the first phase mostly that I was referring to before you get on top of the tower. In the regular version I would finish that with maybe 2 hits if it went very wrong. In ultimate mode it was extremely rare that I passed that phase with more than 3 life bars remaining. The boss takes what seems like 10x more hits to beat, and is much more mobile in following you around. Insanity!

User Info: Dmm80

Dmm80
6 months ago#30
CyberDragon10K posted...
MrBeens posted...

I did ultimate solo zengetsu, I didn't have a problem so I can't give any particular advice. Then I did normal NRNK zengetsu solo run and the first part is rough. You realise how easy it is for the RNG to screw you when you can't kill after 2 reps.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
  3. Nightmare is no joke *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived