• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. InkSplosion
  3. InkSplosion is Playstation TV compatible

User Info: BanishSanctuary

BanishSanctuary
5 months ago#1
“It’s an easy platinum, and it’s PSTV compatible,” said the Internet.

“It’s on sale,” said PSN.

“Mmm,” I said.

Yes, the NA version of the game is PSTV compatible. I downloaded it and played for about 90 minutes, and it was one of the most frustrating games I’ve ever encountered. It was my first twin-stick shooter, and I never lasted more than a minute and a half without dying. I think I only got 27K points, and you need 100K to unlock the secondary arena mode. My mind just couldn’t handle the bullets coming at me from all directions, and I hated it.

Two weeks later, I decided to torture myself some more and give it another go. Surprisingly, I found myself doing better immediately, and I actually started enjoying myself. After about half an hour, I got around 58K points and knew that I could make it. Nearly two hours later, I had the platinum trophy.

Even though most people find the game easy, there are a few of us who do not. A few words of advice, gathered from various message boards and YouTube comments, as well as my own thoughts:
-If you completely suck (like me), come back after an extended break.
-The key is not getting hit. The combo multiplier makes getting 100K incredibly fast if you can get enough kills while avoiding all enemy attacks.
-The levels are random, and they don’t get harder as they go along. So don’t get discouraged if you get hit; just try to keep going. You may get a string of level layouts & guns that are easy for you.
-In arena mode, stay on the left side of the screen so you only have to worry about projectiles coming from one direction. Take out the closest enemies first.
-Turn off the ink effects on the main menu to make everything easier to see.
-On the PSTV, the L and R shoulder buttons are mapped to L2 and R2 by default (with L1 and R1 being unused; a few other games do this as well, which I don’t understand why). You have to hold down the R trigger to fire. I find it harder to hold down the R2 button for an extended period of time than the R1 button, so I remapped the controls. Since you can’t do this in-game, you have to change them in the PSTV system’s Accessibility options.
Soul cold, indeed.
There won't be a time when I'm at ease.
  1. Boards
  2. InkSplosion
  3. InkSplosion is Playstation TV compatible
  • Post New Message