• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. A tip for those struggling to survive the "final boss" on Master.

User Info: Soulavenger69

Soulavenger69
1 week ago#11
I actually never realized that as well lol, but I noticed you can't tank with dragon so I kinda wondered if there was a trick to it. Thanks for the tip.

(the reason I never noticed the beam wasn't going through the metalls is because I'm so focused on dodging I don't pay attention to what the beam is actually doing lol.)

User Info: Xashowd

Xashowd
1 week ago#12
I learned this in a Master Co-op run because his beam shredded through Dragon and one-shot me. Never before had his attack done that in any prior level, so I was naturally stunned. Saw everyone standing around, wondered "WTF?" and saw the Mettaurs actually blocked the beam. Had an epiphany moment, and in the next Co-op Master run actually ended up last man standing bringing home the win.

Definite case of "Never learned the mechanic prior because too busy steamrolling him." Expert's laser didn't one-shot either, so never had to figure it out until Master. Didn't kill me in my Master solo run, so Co-op was the wake-up call.
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!
Active Dragalia Lost player. ID: 97032389570 Send a Friend Request if you're active too!

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 week ago#13
Wu_Hu posted...
dude like seriously. The moment the laser hits the mettaur, it shows the laser not going through.
And if people can't understand that.. eehhh..........

Then again, there are people who don't realize you can move Barbary's bombs.
Yes, it's probably just a case of people failing to notice it because they are too busy being a rambo/too focused on the boss to pay attention to the surroundings or because hiding behind enemies to dodge attacks is an entirely new gimmick (that I know of, though hiding from attacks in general is not) and it might take people a few tries to realize it.

The last thing though, I'm pretty sure it puts you in an impossible to dodge situation unless you move those bombs, and luckily your attacks at least home in on them. They probably don't move them for the same reasons I mentioned above.
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 week ago#14
Nes_Mettaur posted...
I don't think the series proper ever uses Mettaurs as cover like that, unless you count the Zero and Battle Network series letting you equip their helmets as shields

That said, I already have "slide like mad" ingrained into my habits and that works just fine for dodging too. It's just a little riskier is all- I'll make sure to use the Mettaurs from here out, thanks for the pointer!
You're probably right, as I think I've played more or less all the Megaman games outside of any that were on Playstation consoles and I don't remember using them as shields. What I do remember is their invincibility when hiding (which is also shown during brainwashed dragon stages) and that all attacks bounce off of them in that state.

I tried running in a circle around him before, but it seems like occasionally my character will not follow exactly where I drag my finger at times and I would end up getting hit.

Sure.

Soulavenger69 posted...
I actually never realized that as well lol, but I noticed you can't tank with dragon so I kinda wondered if there was a trick to it. Thanks for the tip.

(the reason I never noticed the beam wasn't going through the metalls is because I'm so focused on dodging I don't pay attention to what the beam is act2ually doing lol.)
Sure. It's understandable, as normally focusing on the surroundings instead of a large spinning death beam that covers the entire stage would probably cause you to lose focus and get hit. I only figured it out myself after getting hit and knowing I had I-frames from being knocked down, I decided to look around a bit and noticed the beams were not passing through the "enemies".
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. A tip for those struggling to survive the "final boss" on Master.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers