• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. Chapter 10 discussion (SPOILERS)

User Info: Xashowd

Xashowd
3 days ago#11
Things that were addressed:

Morsayati's true form. He's a metaphysical demon alright. Not to mention a bit of his motivation...seems he wants to be the sole revered deity of the realm. I'd like to know why, personally...why, beyond the obvious sealing, does Morsayati hate Ilia so damn much? What does he represent to the advanced civilization that went to war with the Dragons? And what does he legit gain from the fealty of those beneath him?

Cthonius' ultimate fate. Sad we don't hear him roar outside the battle, but hot damn...he looked pretty cool. That being said...anyone else notice Brunhilda never showed up in the flashbacks? And Zodiark mentioned the Brunhilda saw Alberius off at the Volcano...Methinks she stayed behind. Hoping they address that in the future.

Things that were not addressed:

Time Traveling Zethia. I am really surprised Morsayati didn't just abandon Zethia's body after becoming whole again, though the explanation with the Blood Coffin is likely why, he probably requires a host that has Alberius' Blood in them in order to maintain a physical presence. That being said, there's still that dang plot hole, and they really need to address it before we hit the 2 year mark.

5th Heir. Somebody didn't get an invite, and also wasn't linked to Cthonius like I had originally thought. So...where the f*** is he? Better show up in Ch11, I swear...

The Dawnshard mentioned in Ch9. Probably gonna be our new McGuffin for the next 5 chapter arc, but there was 0 mention of it in Ch10. Hoping we go after it soon.

Elysium being part of Euden. I guess the Auspex serves as a key to that transformation so Morsayati isn't concerned with it, but Elysium wasn't mentioned at all either. That being said, there is that book Harle was digging through which gave us our cliffhanger. That better get finished next chapter.

All in all, on top of the upcoming Androids (who probably are not looking for Sun Wukong) there's a fair bit Ch11 needs to address still. Ch10 came out sooner than expected, but the usual 3 month timeframe puts Ch11 in December. Bundle up guys, we in for the long haul.
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!
FEH Beruka Supporter, Behold the Aerial Fortress! https://imgur.com/a/e0oudk1
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: TheLuckySeven

TheLuckySeven
3 days ago#12
Xashowd posted...
Cthonius' ultimate fate. Sad we don't hear him roar outside the battle, but hot damn...he looked pretty cool. That being said...anyone else notice Brunhilda never showed up in the flashbacks? And Zodiark mentioned the Brunhilda saw Alberius off at the Volcano...Methinks she stayed behind. Hoping they address that in the future

Brunhilda didnt participate in the final battle because she never actually pacted with Alberius. She just wanted to protect her volcano and didnt care for humanity, and Zodiark even mentions at the start of the chapter that she saw them off from there before Alberius went here. Basically, Euden was actually her first pact.

Her greatwyrm print has some lore on that.

User Info: Xashowd

Xashowd
3 days ago#13
TheLuckySeven posted...
Xashowd posted...
Cthonius' ultimate fate. Sad we don't hear him roar outside the battle, but hot damn...he looked pretty cool. That being said...anyone else notice Brunhilda never showed up in the flashbacks? And Zodiark mentioned the Brunhilda saw Alberius off at the Volcano...Methinks she stayed behind. Hoping they address that in the future

Brunhilda didnt participate in the final battle because she never actually pacted with Alberius. She just wanted to protect her volcano and didnt care for humanity, and Zodiark even mentions at the start of the chapter that she saw them off from there before Alberius went here. Basically, Euden was actually her first pact.

Her greatwyrm print has some lore on that.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Been a while since I went through Chapter 3. Thanks!
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!
FEH Beruka Supporter, Behold the Aerial Fortress! https://imgur.com/a/e0oudk1

User Info: SunnyMilk

SunnyMilk
3 days ago#14
*inhales* *exhales* I have many things to say on this chapter.

What I Liked:
-We finally know what King Alberius and The Other/Morsayati look like, as well as finally getting to see Cthonius
-The fact we got not one, but two unique bosses for this chapter(Alberius-Cthonius for the story and the cube for EX). Although, graphics glitched for me, so most of Cthonius' attacks were invisible, and the cube was completely gone, so it looked like I was fighting the air.
-Euden managing to be so damn hopeful despite all that happened
-It was also nice to see the fact Cleo holds Alberius in high regard come up in this chapter, and apparently the JP VA did an amazing job
-Speaking of JP VA, Morsayati is apparently voiced by none other than DIO. Cue JoJo references.

What I'm Curious About:
-What did Harle find out in the royal records about Euden? What's his agency in the whole thing? The more I see about Harle the more curious I am.
-What and where is the Dawnshard that Future Zethia mentioned? You think it'd come up with us once again being in a Binding Ruin for most of the story like last time.
-Androids, huh.
-WHAT IS WITH THE CUBE? It's so different from anything else in the game, and with us delving into more ancient, yet advanced technology, I hope this isn't just a random one-off thing.

What I Disliked:
-The fact it felt like a lot of Chapter 5's elements were re-treaded here. Our heroes go to a ruin tied to our main villain to stop something bad from happening, Morsayati dunks on Zodiark, and someone uses the last of their power to warp us to safety because of the danger.

-I swear to Ilia, the royal siblings not named Zethia, Euden or maybe the missing 5th heir are all horrible people. I hope Chelle's using this as a chance to spy on the Empire instead of fully betraying us not even one chapter after she promised to help us or she's going back on my s*** list again. Valyx is also being dumb at this point and it hurts.

-The fact it felt nothing of value actually happened. Our heroes learn what happened to Alberius and the nature of Morsayati, but them defeating Cthonius-Alberius doesn't stop Morsayati from becoming stronger, the 5th heir never showed despite the other siblings being invited, and while we got some world building, plot-wise, it might as well not have happened for all intents and purposes.

-Personal thing: CyGames giving Empress Zethia a blushing sprite is f***ing cursed.
"Welcome to a new history! A new age! The age of awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
https://imgtc.com/i/R1NrOBi.jpg
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
3 days ago#15
Was that EX binary-talking cube this game's version of the Bacura or something? It was a fun fight though. Really enjoyed those messed-up markers to avoid.

For a fight marked at 13,000 might (in normal mode), Chtonius sure was easier than expected. He hit kinda hard though. Think there's a chance for him to be a sixth high dragon or something? Really disappointed that the song was the same as for the Void Battles though. They could at least have used the one they used for story Zodiark.

I'm REALLY disappointed that they didn't make a plot twist out of the blood casket seal. I thought for a moment that all the dragonblood descendants were invited there so Morsayati could kill them all at once and reform his broken soul. Alas it didn't happen. Maybe in the future...

I expected a big showdown against Morsayati in this chapter, but it seems like the writers wanted to elongate the story a bit more. Which makes sense, but it SUCKS. Really hoping for that Gala Euden though. He looks awesome!

Chapter 11 will be most interesting. Not only because of where the story will take us, but also to know the nature of the new permanent event/grinding content they will put out for us. Pretty sure Phares will be the final boss of Ch.11. The story's tension has gone down a lot, but I'm still looking forward to it!
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. Chapter 10 discussion (SPOILERS)
  • Post New Message