You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. Is the Augment cap 50 for each stat or 50 for both total?

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
4 weeks ago#1
I just want to make sure.
I was wrong.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
4 weeks ago#2
I think it's 50 total, as your + level increases regardless of which augment you use, but I can't confirm.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

TheGuyNamedWolf
4 weeks ago#3
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
I think it's 50 total, as your + level increases regardless of which augment you use, but I can't confirm.

Yeah, that's why I'm confused/cautious.
I was wrong.

User Info: Xashowd

Xashowd
4 weeks ago#4
So far it's sounding like 50 period (which would just be an atrociously bad move on Cygames' part as that makes HP Augments useless outside of healers), but once Astral Raids start up and the ubergrinding begins, we'll quickly find out because internet. Or at least we should...300 Fragment limit with no idea of fragment cost/Augment Drop Rate means it could be possible that we can't get 50 of both during a single weekend. And then we'd have to wait longer...
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!
FEH Beruka Supporter, Behold the Aerial Fortress! https://i.imgur.com/o2t2XBd.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: RedSpiderLily

RedSpiderLily
4 weeks ago#5
So, is the HP/STR difference limited per category?

Like, is the amount of augments as a whole capped at a certain point (and either category is unlimited until you rack up enough total augments) or is the amount of augments you spend just capped at a threshold for the individuals categories and it's "unlimited" until you reach the max for both str and hp?

TheGuyNamedWolf
4 weeks ago#6
That's what I'm wondering.

I don't want to use HP fortifies on DPS things if it means I can't max STR later, but the HP would be useful on the low HP DPSers if you can get both to 50.
I was wrong.

User Info: Xashowd

Xashowd
4 weeks ago#7
RedSpiderLily posted...

Like, is the amount of augments as a whole capped at a certain point (and either category is unlimited until you rack up enough total augments) or is the amount of augments you spend just capped at a threshold for the individuals categories and it's "unlimited" until you reach the max for both str and hp?

That's what we're trying to discern. Things seem to be leaning towards the former, but TBH it would be better if it was the latter. Because if it's the former, HP Augments will be regarded as useless outside of healers as everyone will use those 50 points for the Str stat on everything. But if it's the latter, then being able to get both stats to +50 on everything would mae Augments as a whole more valuable and not just the DPS ones.

Sadly we don't have access to 50+ of a single Augment type until Astral Raids starts this Saturday, so we won't get a clear cut answer until then. Or someone hacks/datamines the true answer. The one saving grace is you can spend Rupees to Reset Augments and get your baubles back, but that would mean the HP ones just stockpile in the former case and...I'd rather not see that happen. Feels like a waste and generates negativity around the RNG that only the Gacha element should come close to generating IMO.
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!
FEH Beruka Supporter, Behold the Aerial Fortress! https://i.imgur.com/o2t2XBd.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: kaushik20

kaushik20
4 weeks ago#8
If it is 50 total, then that means you'll only use HP augments on HP dragons and healers, and strength and all other Adventures, Dragons, and Wyrmprints. Simple enough.

User Info: Arrawnt

Arrawnt
4 weeks ago#9
Xashowd posted...
RedSpiderLily posted...

That's what we're trying to discern. Things seem to be leaning towards the former, but TBH it would be better if it was the latter. Because if it's the former, HP Augments will be regarded as useless outside of healers as everyone will use those 50 points for the Str stat on everything. But if it's the latter, then being able to get both stats to +50 on everything would mae Augments as a whole more valuable and not just the DPS ones.

Sadly we don't have access to 50+ of a single Augment type until Astral Raids starts this Saturday, so we won't get a clear cut answer until then. Or someone hacks/datamines the true answer. The one saving grace is you can spend Rupees to Reset Augments and get your baubles back, but that would mean the HP ones just stockpile in the former case and...I'd rather not see that happen. Feels like a waste and generates negativity around the RNG that only the Gacha element should come close to generating IMO.

They are adding a treasure trade when Astral Raids come out properly this weekend. So either you'll be able to exchange some currency drops for all Str right away, or convert your excess HP ones to Str.

And honestly the HP ones were never going to have much value, even if you can do 50 of each, Str will still be prioritized for everything outside of making a specific cutoff in high dragons to use a more offensive print.

User Info: TheLuckySeven

TheLuckySeven
4 weeks ago#10
Welcome to yet another example of why this game DESPERATELY needs tank content or some reason for HP to actually matter. It completely sabotages this whole augment system when HP is so useless.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. Is the Augment cap 50 for each stat or 50 for both total?