• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. So Nightmare is...

User Info: TheLuckySeven

TheLuckySeven
4 weeks ago#51
CJwat11 posted...
TheLuckySeven posted...
No you probably should actually read abhldr's post because he's right, you still don't get it.

It IS possible to clear with 15k teams. Yes you probably get carried, although he's also right in saying that if you at least bring a strong light main, the might of the rest of your team is less important.

This isn't a matter of proof. It's a matter of logic and you choosing to ignore that logic to continue complaining.

I've seen 20k+ might teams with top tier mains struggling, so you'll have to forgive me if it seems a bit silly that abhldr's claiming that 15k might teams (and even lower as they claimed) can do it.

I'm on two discords atm, and they're showing me how much of a struggle it is even with good leads like 6k+ might Alberts with mub Shining Overlord and whatnot on 20k+ might teams, and about the DPS check which cannot be met by 15k might teams.

So you're also claiming that it is possible with 15k might teams, can I ask for proof or is that also too much for you?

It's really hard to tell if your reading comprehension is just awful or if you're trolling at this point.

Again, you are COMPLETELY missing the point here. You're practically going out of your way to miss the point at this point, so I'm not sure how anyone could possibly explain this better to you. You clearly don't want to comprehend what others are saying, so if you aren't going to make an effort to listen, I won't bother making an effort to teach.

So.. I guess enjoy that? It's not a good mindset, but you do you. I just came here in vain hopes that maybe if someone backed up abhldr's point, you might realize that you should try reading it again, but apparently you have no desire to do so.

EDIT: Okay fine, one last try. Here's a thought experiment for you: What do you think is an overall stronger team: a 6500 might unit with 3k+ STR and then three 500 might units with basically minimum investment... or a full team of 3000 might units, probably with about 1.2-1.5k STR total. One is 8k might, and the other is 12k might.. but which do you think would actually perform better?

User Info: CJwat11

CJwat11
4 weeks ago#52
Sigh...sorry about that TC.

I guess just asking for a non-confusing/clear cut statement from some people is just impossible (or at least getting some proof instead of just being told "you don't understand so try and accept things at face value regardless of how strange/fishy they sound", but eh, that's just the internet.

I should've just stayed away from this board when I got flamed a while ago just for posting a silly photo/joke.
Fire Emblem Heroes FC: 8410511961, Current Lead: Smolzura+9
Azura Emblem Clears: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLetp2r_9pMtcG6DPOf9CsU-m2YNXXjK2q

CJwat11
4 weeks ago#53
TheLuckySeven posted...
CJwat11 posted...
TheLuckySeven posted...
No you probably should actually read abhldr's post because he's right, you still don't get it.

It IS possible to clear with 15k teams. Yes you probably get carried, although he's also right in saying that if you at least bring a strong light main, the might of the rest of your team is less important.

This isn't a matter of proof. It's a matter of logic and you choosing to ignore that logic to continue complaining.

I've seen 20k+ might teams with top tier mains struggling, so you'll have to forgive me if it seems a bit silly that abhldr's claiming that 15k might teams (and even lower as they claimed) can do it.

I'm on two discords atm, and they're showing me how much of a struggle it is even with good leads like 6k+ might Alberts with mub Shining Overlord and whatnot on 20k+ might teams, and about the DPS check which cannot be met by 15k might teams.

So you're also claiming that it is possible with 15k might teams, can I ask for proof or is that also too much for you?

It's really hard to tell if your reading comprehension is just awful or if you're trolling at this point.

Again, you are COMPLETELY missing the point here. You're practically going out of your way to miss the point at this point, so I'm not sure how anyone could possibly explain this better to you. You clearly don't want to comprehend what others are saying, so if you aren't going to make an effort to listen, I won't bother making an effort to teach.

So.. I guess enjoy that? It's not a good mindset, but you do you. I just came here in vain hopes that maybe if someone backed up abhldr's point, you might realize that you should try reading it again, but apparently you have no desire to do so.

EDIT: Okay fine, one last try. Here's a thought experiment for you: What do you think is an overall stronger team: a 6500 might unit with 3k+ STR and then three 500 might units with basically minimum investment... or a full team of 3000 might units, probably with about 1.2-1.5k STR total. One is 8k might, and the other is 12k might.. but which do you think would actually perform better?

Player usually controls the strongest one so by default it's the team with one 6500 might unit.

But I'm seeing cough cough, 20K teams, i.e teams with multiple units who have units with about 5k+ might each struggle a lot (just barely clearing by the time limit). So once again, you'll have to forgive me if I'm skeptical, because when I hear that teams containing units who all have relatively decent investment struggling a lot and then teams that are under that are doing just fine that's just fishy.

But I can obviously understand why my team struggles so much because 1) I'm still semi new and 2) Even though my light team reaches 15k might, I only have 2.1-2.3k str on each unit.
Azura Emblem Clears: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLetp2r_9pMtcG6DPOf9CsU-m2YNXXjK2q

User Info: abhldr

abhldr
4 weeks ago#54
but that's because you think I said that 4 or less teams of 15k might were clearing the event together. and while that might be possible (but that's a derailed thread for another day), that's not what I was talking about.

I was talking about 15k or less teams who clear with 20k+ teams. sometimes doing just as much work if not more. it all depends on how good the lead is.

the point is, you might be able to clear with your 15k team. with 3 20k+ teams. if that's getting carried to you and you don't want to do it, so be it and I understand that. but it is possible. and depending on who your main is, it may not even be a carry.

if you want to be able to clear nightmare with other similar teams of 15k to avoid a 'carry', yeah that's gonna be tough
I always play these gacha games until the insane grind kicks in

User Info: TheLuckySeven

TheLuckySeven
4 weeks ago#55
CJwat11 posted...
Sigh...sorry about that TC.

I guess just asking for a non-confusing/clear cut statement from some people is just impossible (or at least getting some proof instead of just being told "you don't understand so try and accept things at face value regardless of how strange/fishy they sound", but eh, that's just the internet.

I should've just stayed away from this board when I got flamed a while ago just for posting a silly photo/joke.

This is the definition of sticking your head in the sand. Or the usual schtick of "I can't logic my way out of this, better just call the whole forum s*** instead!". Sigh.

You literally just admitted that the 8k might team could be stronger than the 12k might team. And yet you still think the concept is strange/fishy.

Yes, a team at 15k that's spread evenly and doesn't push damage as much as possible is going to struggle. So will a highly unoptimized 20k might team, which is probably what a lot of players are doing. But even then, you have the option of finding teams that can make up for that damage as well. It's not impossible, plain and simple, and that's all that's been trying to be explained for you. It's logic, not anecdote, so the fact that you continue to call for 'proof' of that continues to betray that you don't understand.

Reality is, this content isn't really clearable by brand new players though who don't have the ability to build a strong lead yet. It wasn't meant to be beatable by them without them being carried. Most games of this nature don't have everything completely accessible to players who just started and there's nothing wrong with that.

And let's be honest here. The rewards are nice, but they aren't make-or-break with this game. Nine random unbind fragments aren't a gamebreaking gap in power.

User Info: FFRKAndy

FFRKAndy
4 weeks ago#56
To be fair , a person with a 6k+ might unit would no doubt have a really strong mono team to push way past the 15k might as a full team . 15k might isnt taking into account someone going into a fight with MUB everything on a single unit and ignoring the rest . It’s taking into account that power spread evenly across all 4 of your units and the might requirement shown has always been terrible . It’s not it’s actual purpose though that’s confusing for new players because it isn’t explained.

Saying that a 6.4 single unit can finish it thus making the 15k req believable for new players is stupid. That’s not the point of it. Yes they can do it just like people can solo Zephyr with its 12k might requirement but that’s not really realistic for the majority of people now is it .

The real reason it’s lower than required is as stated in the previous replies . It’s to allow you to be carried by stronger teams. Let’s say they put a realistic power req of 20k. That wouldn’t even allow you to attempt the fight to be carried as an option.

Topics are still getting derailed into a f***ing bash fest here. Obviously we have a new player who don’t know as much as those who have been here awhile and doesn’t fully understand how strong a single maxed unit is.

Let’s just try to be civil and try to understand each others POV instead of all this negativity . The bad seeds left, let’s not scare away people just trying to understand how the game works.
Waiting for Flavia!

CJwat11
4 weeks ago#57
FFRKAndy posted...
To be fair , a person with a 6k+ might unit would no doubt have a really strong mono team to push way past the 15k might as a full team . 15k might isnt taking into account someone going into a fight with MUB everything on a single unit and ignoring the rest . It’s taking into account that power spread evenly across all 4 of your units and the might requirement shown has always been terrible . It’s not it’s actual purpose though that’s confusing for new players because it isn’t explained.

Saying that a 6.4 single unit can finish it thus making the 15k req believable for new players is stupid. That’s not the point of it. Yes they can do it just like people can solo Zephyr with its 12k might requirement but that’s not really realistic for the majority of people now is it .

The real reason it’s lower than required is as stated in the previous replies . It’s to allow you to be carried by stronger teams. Let’s say they put a realistic power req of 20k. That wouldn’t even allow you to attempt the fight to be carried as an option.

Topics are still getting derailed into a f***ing bash fest here. Obviously we have a new player who don’t know as much as those who have been here awhile and doesn’t fully understand how strong a single maxed unit is.

Let’s just try to be civil and try to understand each others POV instead of all this negativity . The bad seeds left, let’s not scare away people just trying to understand how the game works.

Yeah, I’ll admit I knee jerk reacted to a lot of things, and I’m sorry for that. And there’s most likely a lot of things I can’t understand immediately since I only started playing a month or so ago.

Thank you for clarifying stuff.

User Info: abhldr

abhldr
4 weeks ago#58
I'm sorry, I think I'm just used to every gfaqs board becoming a toxic wasteland, and as soon as this one started actually pruning its weeds, I wanted to protect it. however in the future I do deserve the right to bruh back anyone that bruhs me first :)

no hard feelings @CJwat11
I always play these gacha games until the insane grind kicks in

User Info: kaushik20

kaushik20
4 weeks ago#59
As others have said, the fight is about strength not might. So it's similar to the High Dragons in that respect. 7500 combined strength between all 4 characters is sufficient to clear without getting carried.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragalia Lost
  3. So Nightmare is...
  • Topic Archived