You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Crown
  3. I Really Need to Understand Some Details about Monster Crown
Zacian2019 5 months ago#1
The details that I need to understand about Monster Crown are:

Detail #1: Is it a good game
Detail #2: How exciting is this game
Detail #3: Is it a short game
Detail #4: Is it a long game
Detail #5: Is it an easy game
Detail #6: Is it an tough game
Detail #7: Is the battle system of this game any complex
Detail #8: How many monsters does this game have
This is my Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5473 - 1718 - 4427
PkmTrainerAbram 5 months ago#2
Zacian2019 posted...
The details that I need to understand about Monster Crown are:

Detail #1: Is it a good game
Detail #2: How exciting is this game
Detail #3: Is it a short game
Detail #4: Is it a long game
Detail #5: Is it an easy game
Detail #6: Is it an tough game
Detail #7: Is the battle system of this game any complex
Detail #8: How many monsters does this game have

I saw this earlier in the week, been too busy to respond.

1-2) Yes, the game is good. If you like old school gbc style RPGs with modern sensibilities, it's worth it.

3-4) My first time through the game took a week or so. On a second run when I just wanted to experience the second story choice, about 2 days to get to the post game, but I rushed. On both files I didn't explore everything, actually found out about some areas and quests I missed after the fact.

5-6-7) The game balance has been adjusted since launch, so I don't know how it is now exactly. You could steamroll the game breeding great stock as you progress, but stat limits, scaling enemy difficulty and move adjustments have been added since launch. It was never a cakewalk, but it wasn't extremely hard either. You could still get wrecked if you aren't prepared.

The dev is constantly looking into player feedback and adjusting the experience and available strategies.

8) There's over 1000 monsters. 200 or so base, with most monsters having a different form based on typing or evolution method. If you play Pokemon, just imagine if most monsters had multiple form/evolution paths like Eevee does. You have to breed to get most of these forms though.
https://www.instagram.com/abramj.broomiii/
https://twitter.com/AbramJBroomIII
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Crown
  3. I Really Need to Understand Some Details about Monster Crown

GameFAQs Q&A