You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Hospital Rewards - Legendary?

User Info: MassFerguson

MassFerguson
3 months ago#1
I can't remember if you can get Legendary items from the Hospital in Disgaea 1. I know you can get rare, but I haven't seen any Legendary while cycling through.

Thanks in advance, because I will probably forget I posted this and only find it a month later after searching the board and going 'Oh, yeah!' Cheers, mates!

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
3 months ago#2
I've seen conflicting information on this, but it may just be a matter of people misremembering which game in the series that they were playing or possibly being different odds depending on the version of the game you're playing. On the PC version, I've probably seen every rarity from Rarity 9 to Rarity 32 multiple times while testing with a muscle brawn without ever seeing a Legendary. If it is possible, then the odds are probably so much lower than anywhere else in the game that it just wouldn't be worth trying for better than a Rare.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 months ago#3
Fallacia posted...
I've seen conflicting information on this, but it may just be a matter of people misremembering which game in the series that they were playing or possibly being different odds depending on the version of the game you're playing. On the PC version, I've probably seen every rarity from Rarity 9 to Rarity 32 multiple times while testing with a muscle brawn without ever seeing a Legendary. If it is possible, then the odds are probably so much lower than anywhere else in the game that it just wouldn't be worth trying for better than a Rare.

TC is talking about common vs rare vs legendary, not the rarity number
Science is life

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
3 months ago#4
^Whether an item is common, rare, or legendary is determined by the rarity number, as far as I've always been aware.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 months ago#5
Fallacia posted...
^Whether an item is common, rare, or legendary is determined by the rarity number, as far as I've always been aware.

Interesting. I never made that connection or heard of it before . Maybe you're right. I also don't mess much with the rarity numbers, especially since they dropped them in latest ones
Science is life

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
2 months ago#6
InfinityOver0 posted...
Interesting. I never made that connection or heard of it before .

weird, rarity has always been the prime source of the myths about every item in the bonus gauge or equipped by enemies having a 1/32 chance of being legendary

regarding the question, pretty sure D1's hospital didn't ever allow legendary items to drop. they may have changed it in the remake, but i doubt it
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
2 months ago#7
No ! hospital rewards in D1 CANNOT be legendary :-) only common or rare

User Info: MassFerguson

MassFerguson
2 months ago#8
I finally remembered! Thanks for the help everyone!
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Hospital Rewards - Legendary?