You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Cancelling after team attacks changed?

User Info: Uru_Zeph

Uru_Zeph
4 months ago#1
Did they change the cancelling mechanic in any way in this game to anyone else's knowledge? This isn't just some random question, it's because I've noticed that *sometimes* after a character has performed assistance in a team attack... I am unable to cancel their movement to move them again. No other unit is in the spot that they were previously occupying, no other action was committed to, it just doesn't let me move them again. I should note that this isn't always the case, though, as sometimes I can cancel their movement just fine like normal and move them again to participate in another team attack.

Anyway. I've played several of the D1 iterations, including the PSP and DS versions, and the PSP version on the Vita, so this isn't my first rodeo and I know all the usual issues that may prevent the movement from being cancelled. In each of those versions you could cancel out a characters movement after participating in a combo infinitely as long as they hadn't queued an action to be executed or another character wasn't occupying their initial position, and I'm just wondering if they set some sort of new limit in this game.

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 months ago#2
You don't need to even cancel movement, you can just move them to another spot within the original range at the start of their turn.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 months ago#3
They added a patch that does all kinds of stuff but I haven't had a chance to really dig into it
Science is life

Uru_Zeph
3 months ago#4
aces4839 posted...
You don't need to even cancel movement, you can just move them to another spot within the original range at the start of their turn.

Yeah I finally noticed that. I know that that's something that wasn't in the original but was kind of a QoL change later in the series. So apparently there were a few more things updated than just the sprites, even if it's not as much as many players had hoped.

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 months ago#5
With the last patch the game is far more enjoyable indeed :-)

The only "poor thing" about this remake is the lack of post game content

Uru_Zeph
3 months ago#6
Alukard1 posted...
With the last patch the game is far more enjoyable indeed :-)

The only "poor thing" about this remake is the lack of post game content

No one said anything was poor about this game in this topic, you're getting defensive for no reason. Also, there's plenty of post-game content if you care to chase all the endings and all the optional fights/missions. Maybe not as much as later entries, but enough to keep you busy for a decent bit.

Alukard1
3 months ago#7
Defensive ? lol....please...

Uru_Zeph
3 months ago#8
Seemed like it. No need to take offense.

Alukard1
2 months ago#9
I wasn't at all :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Cancelling after team attacks changed?