You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. I wish they'd keep quality of life features when restoring classics...

User Info: dreamingshadow

dreamingshadow
4 months ago#1
I got this game and I was a little disappointed in the get-go. There were no options to speed up text or battle speed. I know these weren't in the original game but as a series develop over time you'll find that they create new features which improve the quality of the gameplay. The original also didn't have the ability to skip animations but thankfully they kept that in this new game. Overall, it was nice to revisit the old game but it all just seemed so sloooooooow. Especially, after playing Disgaea 5 and being able to run around the base super fast once you open up the built-in cheat shop..

I just wasn't feeling the game. I guess the others ones spoiled me. I'm also a little bummed to see this was just released. Looking at the track record of previous games, this means we probably won't see Disgaea 6 until fall of 2021 at the earliest. :(
Pokemon FC: 5472-7163-7386 (PM me your FC for me to add you)
Pokemon Friend Safari: Grumpig, Espuur, and Duosion
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
4 months ago#2
Yes unfortunately this D1 Complete is nothing compared to D5 Complete....

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
4 months ago#3
Yeah, that was just a cheap cash in. it's a damn shame because disgaea 1 is 1 of my all time favorite games and this was a much better version than the PS21 but it could have been so. much. more. The devas just didn't want to put any effort into it. The very 1st line of the credit screen even says disgaea PC. They couldn't even be bothered to change that
Science is life

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
4 months ago#4
Hahaha yes the "Disgaea 1 PC" killed me... ( this and the animated scenes between chapters still showing the old classes Manticores, Treant, etc... )

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
4 months ago#5
Cheat shop

Innocent caps

More added characters would have been nice

Capturable humans would also have been nice (game overed a few times by accidentally tossing humans in )

Carnage world

More stronger enemy Bill's would be very handy

Lots of small upgrades that would have been very nice and given The game alot more to keep people playing
3ds 5258-3205-0664 psn tenchi136 luna 92 warrior tenchi134 lina 200 ranger
Psn tenchi132 pawn liby 200 strider

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
4 months ago#6
how can you accidentally toss humans into the base panel? lol
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
4 months ago#7
Easy in other games it was doable
3ds 5258-3205-0664 psn tenchi136 luna 92 warrior tenchi134 lina 200 ranger
Psn tenchi132 pawn liby 200 strider

User Info: Jlin44

Jlin44
2 months ago#8
I just started last night I’m having difficulty with the colour panel part of the game. Going to start a new game tonight and do the tutorial again maybe I’ll get it the second time around
Currently playing:
3DS: Popolocrois - Switch: DK Tropical Freeze PS2: Persona 3 FES
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. I wish they'd keep quality of life features when restoring classics...