• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Is this actually a bad port of the game? How does it compare to DS version?

User Info: TalesOfStarOcea

TalesOfStarOcea
7 months ago#1
Is the game actually worse than previous ports? Cause from what I'm reading, it sounds like people have just been spoiled by more "accessible" games, and are expecting more from this "remake" or enhanced port.

I've played the original PS2 version, the PSP and the DS version. I thought they were all great. Once I got over the inferior graphics of the DS version, I actually started to like it a lot. Is this version really a whole lot worse than that?

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
7 months ago#2
It's actually better
I'll burn a true vision of horror into that empty head of yours!

User Info: xeno_eleusis

xeno_eleusis
7 months ago#3
InfinityOver0 posted...
It's actually better

On DS you could not diagonal throw. On the Switch you can.

User Info: TheLonius500

TheLonius500
7 months ago#4
Of course it's better than DS, that game could barely run. It's mostly comparable to the PSP version with HD sprites.

User Info: LufiaOT

LufiaOT
7 months ago#5
This fun when it works. I actually prefer the psp and ds versions. I read this is a port of the pc version which crashes.... A lot! I had this crash 4 times in one hour. I was on floor twenty of the item world in one. It means a straight item world run can take you days if you are lucky. I hope they create patch. I'm super disappointed and going back to 5.

User Info: vggamercloud

vggamercloud
6 months ago#6
About 30 hours in without a single crash.
Game runs great, everyone is just spoiled from the qol upgrades over the last handful of games. Though I do miss a few, mainly cheat shop was quicker enemy level scaling, but it isn't that big a deal. I still find 1 to be the best story and I never mind playing through doing different parties.

User Info: TalesOfStarOcea

TalesOfStarOcea
6 months ago#7
What is this cheat shop you're talking about? Is it just passing bills in the dark assembly to make the enemies level higher?

And yeah, from what I'm reading the only thing of real concern to me is the game crashing somewhat frequently. hopefully they patch it up...

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
6 months ago#8
The Cheat Shop had a number of functions and originated in Disgaea D2. It was also present in Disgaea 4's Vita version and 5. Functions such as more EXP, mana and HL as well as adjusting the enemy strength are examples.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: LufiaOT

LufiaOT
6 months ago#9
I don't care about the chest shop or anything else not added. I just wish they had used any other version besides the pc version. I just was reading a review on hardcore gamer who said the same thing. The game crashes more than any other switch title. It's not a big deal when you can save, but when you are on level 50 or above in the item world, it becomes a game breaker. I love the original disgaea and was excited to play it. But it's unplayable for me unless they fix it. I had it crash four times in less than an hour. I was doing completely different things each time. Hopefully Nintendo lights a fire under niponichi's butt for quality control. There are tons of posts on how bad the pc version was, and they never patched it. Super disaapointed, and I am a huge disgaea fan. Who needs cheats? I just want a working copy. vggamercloud, do you have digital or cartridge?

User Info: Zacek

Zacek
6 months ago#10
Much better than the DS version, you have the entire voices in this Switch version, and IIRC, the voices on the DS version dissapear after the first chapter.
Final Fantasy was in 2D? I thought the number 7 was just a metaphor for something .... - Cbaker216
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Is this actually a bad port of the game? How does it compare to DS version?
  • Topic Archived