• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kungfu_Hero

Kungfu_Hero
5 months ago#21
5 seems to get a free pass on a few gameplay issues. The main story goes on FAR too long. Way too many missions. It completely ruined it for me. I like playing the story without power leveling, then I go crazy in post. But after 60 hours of story missions with no end in sight, I just said f*** it, and made Killia into a murder machine. Then I breezed through the story mindlessly. I’d rather have no enjoyment than a bad experience.

Next up, there are way too many gimicky levels like the poison level that are tedious to beat. If anyone has played Fire Emblem Fates Revelations, it’s like that. Every level has an obnoxious gimick. I already like Disgaea. I don’t need annoying things that get in the way of that. Just throw me some normal levels. My god. lol

By far the worst story missions of any Disgaea, and the most of them. Take my advice. Power level with soda cans early on. Plow through the story. You won’t enjoy it, but you won’t enjoy it either way. It’s like a band aid that you just have to rip off quick and get it over with so you can play the post game.

Also, chara world is how you raise aptitude. That is the least fun thing ever! It’s just awful. And one last thing. I HATED maxing subclasses.

5 improved on so many things, but Disgaea 1 in its simplicity doesn’t have a lot of that bull s***. I just don’t understand how so many people say 5 has the best gameplay. Are these not huge issues for you guys?
Blu-ray Collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=201087

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
5 months ago#22
Poison levels tedious ? lol....;Poison Resistance evility costs 1 slot dude...please...

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
5 months ago#23
Alukard1 posted...
Poison levels tedious ? lol....;Poison Resistance evility costs 1 slot dude...please...

Or just use fliers. Or range attacks like magic
Money doesn't change people, it simply allows them to be who they really are

User Info: Kungfu_Hero

Kungfu_Hero
5 months ago#24
Guys, it’s near the beginning of the game. You probably don’t have fliers or magic that can reach, and it sucks to have to get evilities that you’ll never need after this chapter. The way the maps are designed is you’re supposed to throw beach balls around to form a bridge to get to the enemies. However you do it, it’s tedious.

And the poison chapter is only one chapter. Nearly every chapter has some unfun gimmick that limits your freedom. I like Disgaea 1 better because the maps are more straightforward. The game is already fun, and 1’s maps don’t cramp my style. They throw me some curve balls every now and then. Not the whole game.

I still like 5’s mechanics. Obviously they’re better than 1 overall, but I did not enjoy the story mode. I hated the design choices they made. Meanwhile, 1’s was a blast.
Blu-ray Collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=201087

User Info: The_sales_guy

The_sales_guy
5 months ago#25
Kungfu_Hero posted...
Guys, it’s near the beginning of the game. You probably don’t have fliers or magic that can reach, and it sucks to have to get evilities that you’ll never need after this chapter. The way the maps are designed is you’re supposed to throw beach balls around to form a bridge to get to the enemies. However you do it, it’s tedious.

And the poison chapter is only one chapter. Nearly every chapter has some unfun gimmick that limits your freedom. I like Disgaea 1 better because the maps are more straightforward. The game is already fun, and 1’s maps don’t cramp my style. They throw me some curve balls every now and then. Not the whole game.

I still like 5’s mechanics. Obviously they’re better than 1 overall, but I did not enjoy the story mode. I hated the design choices they made. Meanwhile, 1’s was a blast.

I disagree 1 aged like hot garbage.
  • Topic Archived