• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
7 months ago#11
It was easily better than 4 and 5. Both Fuka and Seraphina are on my genuine hate list of everything that annoyed the living hell out of me. Even Rozalin in 2 wasn't that bad.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
7 months ago#12
aces4839 posted...
It was easily better than 4 and 5. Both Fuka and Seraphina are on my genuine hate list of everything that annoyed the living hell out of me. Even Rozalin in 2 wasn't that bad.

Seraphina and rozalin I'd say are equally annoying. And the plot twist about Roz being Xenon the entire time and forgetting about it is one of the best examples of stupid writing in the entire industry. I mean who wrote that plot line, a third grader?

You hate Fuka more than the wannabe "final boss", whatever the hell her name was? Or more than adells bro and sister? Or tad? Or that annoying zam ninja girl? Ok...
I'll burn a true vision of horror into that empty head of yours!

User Info: ceresbane

ceresbane
7 months ago#13
aces4839 posted...
Story, 1
Gameplay, 5

It's up to you to decide.

So 5 then.

The story in disgaea games aren't exactly what you'll be staring at the majority of your experience. tho I favour 1 mainly because I know most of the tricks to it.

And 5's systems overwhelm me with choice. But if people were to look at both with no bias (unlike me). I would recommend 5. Even just the basic UI stuff is more polished.
Friend code-2767 1532 6118
PSN-Cuperos

aces4839
7 months ago#14
InfinityOver0 posted...

Rozalin did reincarnate from her violent existance that got exposed when Laharl first broke the seal the fake Zenon put on her. She also matured much more than Seraphina did. And no, Yukimaru was not annoying. That's on you, dood. Adell has my respect. Fuka's constant "This is not a dream" bs got super old super fast. Desco was a badass character.

User Info: ceresbane

ceresbane
7 months ago#15
If we're talking Waifu, toss up between Rosa and Sera my immediate reaction wow Seraphina is just a Rozalin clone but with significantly less appeal.

Seraphina comes off as a fusion of Etna's scheming but nowhere near clever enough to actually do anything while having Rozalin's upper class haughtiness and naivety, but turned up a notch as to cross the realms to annoying.

But hey I only played the demo.
Friend code-2767 1532 6118
PSN-Cuperos

User Info: aux

aux
7 months ago#16
nilla151 posted...
Thinking of picking one of them up for switch which is the better game never played 5 played 1 on ps2 and psp

If you have already played Disgaea 1, then get 5. Wait for Disgaea 1 to go on sale.
Troll Slayer Extraordinaire!!!
Tis a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

aces4839
7 months ago#17
If you already played 5 then get 1. 5 has been out 3 years after all.

User Info: Zacek

Zacek
7 months ago#18
First 1, then any other hand you want.
Final Fantasy was in 2D? I thought the number 7 was just a metaphor for something .... - Cbaker216

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
6 months ago#19
aces4839 posted...
Story, 1
Gameplay, 5

It's up to you to decide.

yep, pretty much this
This is your miracle? A TREE? OOooh! look at me I turn sunlight into complex sugars. Big whoop!

User Info: Hungshu

Hungshu
6 months ago#20
IMO
Story 5 > D2 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 3
Game play 5 >4 > D2 > 3 > 2 > 1
Music 4 > 2
Character 2 >= 5 =1 > 3 =4

anyway if you care about story just play only 1 2 D2 5 all these are connect 3 and 4 didn't
Time line maybe 5 > 1 > 2 > D2
At last D-fragment have become anime TwTb
  • Topic Archived