• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Is it ok to make a good for nothing character ?

User Info: Charmander75

Charmander75
7 months ago#1
It 's a lot of mana needed to make a decent character .
Friend Code : 0490 5258 9613 Spearow Whoobat and Fletchinder
Trump Won !!!! Now we can fix this country

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
7 months ago#2
I only do that when I just want to learn a spell from them. Creating a crappy character like that immediately lowers their stats but I don't think it changes their growth rate for stats, but I could be wrong about that, I just don't remember
I'll burn a true vision of horror into that empty head of yours!

User Info: el_pablo65

el_pablo65
7 months ago#3
Early on you have to. I at least spend 10 mana so they don't end up taking a hit, but you need grunts to throw your good characters, take hits, etc.

Don't get too attached, of course. Eventually you will have plenty of mana for characters and your initial builds will need to get tossed.
super.....human....androids

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
7 months ago#4
Not...exactly. Good-for-nothings are just as good as anything else. Just decrease the INT stat for physical classes and either ATK or SPD for magic classes.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: Blade_Maker

Blade_Maker
7 months ago#5
aces4839 posted...
Not...exactly. Good-for-nothings are just as good as anything else. Just decrease the INT stat for physical classes and either ATK or SPD for magic classes.

Never thought of that before.
I really hate not having an idea on what I'm doing.

User Info: ceresbane

ceresbane
7 months ago#6
I just do it with the idea that I'll reincarnate them later into a higher tier anyway. To start out you have low tier characters, no point making those tiers geniuses.
Friend code-2767 1532 6118
PSN-Cuperos
Questionmarktarius 7 months ago#7
el_pablo65 posted...
Early on you have to.

Or, just grind the tutorial maps.

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
7 months ago#8
aces4839 posted...

Good tip, that's what I've been doing.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
FC: 3196-5520-3185, IGN: Kokichi TSV: 2259, 2704, 3761

User Info: Lucky777

Lucky777
7 months ago#9
you need a rogue for cave of ordeals 5
making the rogue better than good for nothing will not affect the throw distance

one of many examples
are you feeling lucky?

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
6 months ago#10
its fine early on, especially when just making characters to feed spells to others, later its not an issue, you'll have tons of mana

the way mana gain works is, if you kill a level 23 enemy...the character who landed the killing blow gets 23 mana, as such, later in the game when every enemy is level 100+ mana piles up real quick, especially when powerleveling 3x3 groups, you'll be getting a couple thousand mana per run.
This is your miracle? A TREE? OOooh! look at me I turn sunlight into complex sugars. Big whoop!
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Is it ok to make a good for nothing character ?
  • Topic Archived