• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Does the Now Loading screen on boot up take forever for you too?

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
8 months ago#1
It probably takes 30 seconds for the title screen to come up if I exit the game entirely and boot it up again

Does that sound about right? Hopefully my cart isn't going bad
It's the future of gaming. People will bow to it

User Info: Blade_Maker

Blade_Maker
8 months ago#2
Yes. It's happening to me as well.
I really hate not having an idea on what I'm doing.

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
8 months ago#3
ditto here. Maybe the game just loads stuff first, since there doesn't really seem to be any loading after that (until software is closed fully).
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land

User Info: Darklit_Minuet

Darklit_Minuet
8 months ago#4
Same - however, absolutely everything once it loads up is instant. Saving and loading is hella fast, and there's no load times anywhere

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
8 months ago#5
Does it load faster using internal or external memory?

User Info: TheLonius500

TheLonius500
8 months ago#6
I have the game digitally and it's noticeably slow. Might be loading all the sprites as temp data to speed up other loads, I dunno.

User Info: CaelumNox

CaelumNox
8 months ago#7
I actually thought my game card was broken and all... but it only happened the first time I opened the game. The following ones were considerably faster compared to the first time. But mind you, it's still very slow.
FC: Add Both Please! <2810 - 0186 - 5644> and <0834 - 5116 - 2149>

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
8 months ago#8
Playsaver posted...
Does it load faster using internal or external memory?

I thought I was asking digital owners if they thought the load speed for this game is faster or slower using the internal memory rather then playing from an SD memory card.
Questionmarktarius 8 months ago#9
I wonder it its loading the entire game in RAM, give or take maybe music. The whole thing is just a bit over 3GB, and the engine used to run on a PS2 with an amazing 32MB to work with.

User Info: Zacek

Zacek
8 months ago#10
Same here. I thought it was installing something, but every time is almost the same amount of time.
Final Fantasy was in 2D? I thought the number 7 was just a metaphor for something .... - Cbaker216
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Does the Now Loading screen on boot up take forever for you too?
  • Topic Archived