Small Details you want.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  3. Small Details you want.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 months ago#1
I would love for the monstrous codex to specify what Dungeon and what floor an enemy appears on(of course you have to enouncter it on any given floor for that floor to be marked)
https://i.imgur.com/cfZmEFd.gif Even In sigs FOE!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
4 months ago#2
More long-range weapons. Spears were already ranged in III; why not once more? Why are SCYTHES not a long-range weapon? Some kind of longsword weapon for heroes / protectors, kunai for Ninja / Nightseekers, and so on. Perhaps it's not a small detail but it would help a lot, given that the front row in this game is gonna be heavily crowded with front-liners everywhere.

Actual small detail: A way to quickly allocate skill points after resting or retiring. Perhaps a "max" button of some sort to max skills instantly. Alternatively a sliding bar or such you can just pull across with touch screen. And say after allocating all skill points you get a 'confirm allocation' prompt. Perhaps just add it as an option to the guild hall and then in-combat skill point allocation is done normally. Atlus has done pretty well at removing the excessive A button mashing from other things (like say, gathering) so I think it could happen.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: jisn064

jisn064
4 months ago#3
lukeskywalker66 posted...
Actual small detail: A way to quickly allocate skill points after resting or retiring. Perhaps a "max" button of some sort to max skills instantly. Alternatively a sliding bar or such you can just pull across with touch screen. And say after allocating all skill points you get a 'confirm allocation' prompt.

Atlus needs more ppl like you.
Sorry for my bad english ;D /-/ Nos Siej
(edited 61 minutes ago)

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
4 months ago#4
Selectable skill levels. Set the level of skills to anywhere from 0 up to the amount of allocated points. Imagine being able to turn off auto-activations and use the more TP efficient version of skills when you want to, and I'm sure we can think of more ways this would be useful. Why don't we have this yet?

More detailed skill info so that we're allowed to see power, base probabilities, speed modifiers and such. I suspect we'll never get this.

User Info: DunsparceFanboy

DunsparceFanboy
4 months ago#5
Having a balanced weapon forge system that would at the same time allow for some creativityâ„¢ by choosing the forges, but also make weapons like staves and books not useless. ('cause we're getting War Magus again... and oh boi the staves were so good in EO2U that i had no reason to use a sword over a staff)

More long-range weapons. Spears were already ranged in III; why not once more? Why are SCYTHES not a long-range weapon? Some kind of longsword weapon for heroes / protectors, kunai for Ninja / Nightseekers, and so on. Perhaps it's not a small detail but it would help a lot, given that the front row in this game is gonna be heavily crowded with front-liners everywhere.

Actual small detail: A way to quickly allocate skill points after resting or retiring. Perhaps a "max" button of some sort to max skills instantly. Alternatively a sliding bar or such you can just pull across with touch screen. And say after allocating all skill points you get a 'confirm allocation' prompt. Perhaps just add it as an option to the guild hall and then in-combat skill point allocation is done normally. Atlus has done pretty well at removing the excessive A button mashing from other things (like say, gathering) so I think it could happen.

Isn't the Ninja getting Keburi no Sue again? If we're lucky enough, it may not be class-locked anymore. (as force boosts/breaks may replace class-locked skills)

User Info: Desespkmaniaco

Desespkmaniaco
4 months ago#6
Portraits. Lots of portraits. "Alternative" portraits. Portraits form classes that didn't make the cut.

Why are SCYTHES not a long-range weapon?

Becuase they're unwieldly farm tools that make for s***ty weapons. The shape of the blade makes it way shorter than you would guess from the pole, you need to grab the pole from the middle to the top to even wield it and it works by pulling targets toward the user.
I guess it would be cool if they could force enemies from the back to the front line but that isn't what reapers are about.

Actual small detail: A way to quickly allocate skill points after resting or retiring. Perhaps a "max" button of some sort to max skills instantly. Alternatively a sliding bar or such you can just pull across with touch screen.

Or autofill the pre-reqs when picking a high-tier skill like many other games do.

genestealer posted...
Selectable skill levels. Set the level of skills to anywhere from 0 up to the amount of allocated points. Imagine being able to turn off auto-activations and use the more TP efficient version of skills when you want to, and I'm sure we can think of more ways this would be useful. Why don't we have this yet?

Because it gives more tools to the player, completely changing strategies and SP management.
Not like I'd be against it.
Loliwood Lovely Log - https://loliwoodguild.wordpress.com/
An undub of EOV exists.

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
4 months ago#7
It would be nice if skill animations change after you leveled them up too LV5 or 10.
Always felt a bit iffy that skills can greatly increase in damage yet the animation stays the same.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
4 months ago#8
Desespkmaniaco posted...
genestealer posted...

Because it gives more tools to the player, completely changing strategies and SP management.
Not like I'd be against it.

Yeah, it really does. If this was about the DS games I might consider that a reason, but judging from the design of the 3DS games it seems more likely that they simply haven't thought about it.
Besides, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that characters get less control over their abilities the more they develop them.

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
3 months ago#9
Bring back all old portraits. No reason not to, especially for a celebration of the series. Many classes might not have made the cut, but that's no reason to not add the portraits. That also means that they should add the ability to use any portrait with any class. Matching the portrait to the class already went out the window in the last few games, so might as well expand it. In fact, don't limit it to just the class portraits. Might as well add all the NPC portraits too. That would make for a decent unlockable too, while not crippling some classes by making them only show up right at the end of the game or after you've already made a party.

User Info: Desespkmaniaco

Desespkmaniaco
3 months ago#10
Sandor_Clause posted...
Might as well add all the NPC portraits too.

I think this part might actually hurt the aesthetics, specially for NPCs that aren't Wufan, Kibagami or Logre.
Guest characters are already pretty awkward with their static poses for the short time they remain in the party.

As for portrait availiability, they might want to pace how portrait choice is "unlocked". We have 214 portraits as of now (not counting alt colors, hero and the extra portraits in EO2U and EOV) and having your browse through all of them 4 at a time might be a tad overwhelming - and also a bit problematic development-wise since they have to prepare all of them for color customization.
Loliwood Lovely Log - https://loliwoodguild.wordpress.com/
An undub of EOV exists.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  3. Small Details you want.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived