• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  3. Accuracy Boosting Equipment Bug

User Info: DrFetus

DrFetus
11 months ago#1
So if you've noticed your accuracy shooting way up when you put on a piece of equipment that boosts accuracy... well, there's a very good reason for that. Namely that the way accuracy boosts aren't actually what they are listed as in the data. When you are dual wielding, any and all accuracy bonuses that are on your equipment (weapons are included in this) are doubled. However, when you are only wielding one weapon, the accuracy gets tripled instead. Of note, Target Goggles were normally supposed to boost your accuracy by +20%, but with this bug, it will boost it by +40% or +60% depending on your setup.

However, this bug only occurs when slots 2, 3, and 4 are filled with equipment that isn't a weapon on the party member's equipment screen. Every empty slot that isn't the main hand weapon slot will decrease the bugged multiplier by 1. (This is why dual wielding decreases the accuracy bonus. Oh and this does mean that if you opt to not use a weapon and use your fists instead, you still get the accuracy boost.)

If you're wondering how this bug even happened in this game and not EO5... Well, no equipment in EO5 boosted accuracy. And EON actually introduced equipment that does so with EO5's systems.

User Info: Hemless

Hemless
11 months ago#2
Hmm, so even without Golem Helm - Ronin's Helm Divide won't miss. Also Richochet and whatever other "you can miss skills" are effectively - Don't Dual Weild or use Golem Helm + Target Goggles and Spam away!

We have the Act Speed bug, The Circle Release Revive/War Revive/Harbinger Revive/Endure order(?) chance being half of what they say they are bug, that one bug with Clones/images dying when you win a battle causing dead members to get EXP, now this bug, I feel like there was another useful bug posted too just before this one - but oh well.
I need to stop losing my passwords..

User Info: Pateasuelos

Pateasuelos
11 months ago#3
Hemless posted...

We have the Act Speed bug, The Circle Release Revive/War Revive/Harbinger Revive/Endure order(?) chance being half of what they say they are bug.

Hmmm... so that's why my arcanist hardly revived someone. I thought I was having really bad luck.

User Info: Valfor

Valfor
11 months ago#4
That explains why the Ronin was never missing with only the accuracy shield and the golem helmet.

This makes Ricochet way more interesting too.

Hemless
11 months ago#5
Max Ricochet 540% Min, 900% Average, 1260% Max.

Charged Shot 860%

Charged volt/fire/ice - 640%, 960% on Weakness (since you have 3 chances to target an enemies weakness, I feel this is fair to include).

With Target Googles and only one weapon equipped:
Ricochet has an 80% chance to out-damage Charged Element on neutral weakness targets.
Ricochet has an 40% chance to out-damage Charged Element on element weakness targets.
Ricochet has an 60% chance to out-damage Charged shot on any targets.

Although the Charge skills do give Gunner the advantage of being able to dual-wield and an open accessory slot which may tilt the odds back in their favor. Not to mention possible passives or buffs that just might keep it so that even an 100% accurate Ricochet is "Link Fodder - Gunner Edition" .

User Info: Zaphied

Zaphied
11 months ago#6
Huh thankyou @Hemless this is making me rethink getting charged element shots on my gunner. Link party maybe next run.

User Info: Jaquan1

Jaquan1
11 months ago#7
Pateasuelos posted...
Hemless posted...

We have the Act Speed bug, The Circle Release Revive/War Revive/Harbinger Revive/Endure order(?) chance being half of what they say they are bug.

Hmmm... so that's why my arcanist hardly revived someone. I thought I was having really bad luck.

Actually saying that reviving skills success rate is halved is oversimplification. It simply rolls the chance twice and both rolls must succeed. That means that the "half chance" is only true if the skill has 50% chance of working. Below that chance drop will be more significant (for example skill with 33% chance would drop to 11%), but above 50% the chances will rise and skill with 90% chance of working would only drop to 81%. And if skill would reach 100% revival chance it would always work anyway.
All praise the Gargwazios the Almighty.
Stablemaster of the Gargwa - I shall ride them all.. IGN: Kayla FC: Yeah sorry not giving this one away.

Hemless
11 months ago#8
I'll accept that I forgot to mention that at 100% is truly 100%.
But for revive, anything less than 100% is 0.

As IN ZERO WORTH MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER WITH PERHAPS AN AFRICAN COLOR.

edit: randomly throwing this here, but Terran145's boss video topic details how NightSeeker's Backstab can benefit from the Elemental Arms skills which in the right situations can make Backstab stronger than Shadowbite - there was some back and forth about how useful this knowledge actually is though.

User Info: DrFetus

DrFetus
11 months ago#9
Hemless posted...
Hmm, so even without Golem Helm - Ronin's Helm Divide won't miss. Also Richochet and whatever other "you can miss skills" are effectively - Don't Dual Weild or use Golem Helm + Target Goggles and Spam away!

We have the Act Speed bug, The Circle Release Revive/War Revive/Harbinger Revive/Endure order(?) chance being half of what they say they are bug, that one bug with Clones/images dying when you win a battle causing dead members to get EXP, now this bug, I feel like there was another useful bug posted too just before this one - but oh well.

There was Dauntless Order's success rate being 100% at all levels, but that was only in the Japanese version and fixed in this version.

Oh and yes, the revive thing is definitely a bug. It rolls for the success chance twice for some reason.

User Info: Jaquan1

Jaquan1
11 months ago#10
Hemless posted...
I'll accept that I forgot to mention that at 100% is truly 100%.
But for revive, anything less than 100% is 0.

As IN ZERO WORTH MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER WITH PERHAPS AN AFRICAN COLOR.

Not really. Mass revive is strong skill in its core. And everything above 70% base skill becomes basically a coin toss. One per every dead members so statistically speaking it should revive at half of your party members. Seppuku is the only skill that doesn't cross that threshold but it also serves as mass heal. As Fetus mentioned in previous bug topic there's a reason why Nectalls didn't make it past 2.
All praise the Gargwazios the Almighty.
Stablemaster of the Gargwa - I shall ride them all.. IGN: Kayla FC: Yeah sorry not giving this one away.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  3. Accuracy Boosting Equipment Bug
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

What Is The Best Team? Build3 Answers
How many labyrinths are there? Main Quest1 Answer
When can i access my money and exp dlc? General4 Answers
How do I solve Reach for the Star? Side Quest2 Answers
Hairclip thief? Side Quest1 Answer