You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  3. I really miss the English dubs...

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 week ago#1
All these quips from the inn keepers or whatever and I don't understand what the f*** they are saying? It finally got to me today. Sure not a big deal but really felt Atlus dropped the ball big time. I'd rather have the game over dubs I know just really disappointed by its omission.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: Silverwyrm

Silverwyrm
1 week ago#2
Yea, I prefer dubs too. Japanese sounds cool, but I only understand a couple words in any sentence... I liked hearing my characters in battle too.
They could of just bring the US Voices from Etrian Odyssey 5 to this one. Along wit the Japanese voices.

But no.
Me name is Phantom_Black_Star. It's PhantomBlacStar cause I couldn't fit me whole Da** name in lol.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: CArcturus

CArcturus
1 week ago#4
I don't mind Japanese when it comes with subtitles, but uh...unless it's cutscene dialogue, the voice clips aren't subbed, so you really do miss out on a lot unless you happen to know Japanese.

User Info: DapperEntity

DapperEntity
1 week ago#5
It sucks, yeah, but Kvasir’s “Dahahaha!” gives me life. You can tell his VA had a great time.
/s

User Info: Desespkmaniaco

Desespkmaniaco
1 week ago#6
PhantomBlacStar posted...
They could of just bring the US Voices from Etrian Odyssey 5 to this one. Along wit the Japanese voices.

But no.

Thatwouldn't really work for NPCs

DapperEntity posted...
It sucks, yeah, but Kvasir’s “Dahahaha!” gives me life. You can tell his VA had a great time.

DAHAHAHA
iya iya iya
joudan jooooudan
Loliwood Lovely Log - https://loliwoodguild.wordpress.com/
An undub of EOV exists.

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
1 week ago#7
RIP Soooo goood~.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is the best DS Zelda game.

User Info: Solstice3

Solstice3
1 week ago#8
Yeah it does kinda bug me that I have no idea what they are saying. Though I don't particularly like the NPCs maybe because I am missing out the wit.
FC 2466 - 2245 - 1953 Mayor Kate of Kansas DC 7A00-0014-ECD1
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 week ago#9
Meta289 posted...
RIP Soooo goood~.

EO5 was the s*** man. Everything about it was truly special.

Desespkmaniaco posted...
DapperEntity posted...

DAHAHAHA
iya iya iya
joudan jooooudan

I literally heard that in my head and started laughing lol. This is on point but that dude still gives me the creeps with the dialogue. Not a fan personally.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
(edited 1 week ago)
This game’s lake of dub makes me sad. Didn’t think it’s be that big of a thing but it is.
Abolish Abortion
Baby murder is always wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  3. I really miss the English dubs...