• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
  3. Is there a difference between Athena on Arcade vs. NES?

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
3 years ago#1
For some unfathomable reason, this collection included Athena. The game on NES is notoriously bad, so unless the arcade version is different, I don't understand what it's doing on this collection.

Other than that, finally having a portable version of Crystalis is nice. I could never find it for GBC, and it never came to any VC, so forget about playing it on 3DS VC.

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
3 years ago#2
The arcade version is much better than the NES port.
I AM ERROR.

User Info: InsertCoin2Play

InsertCoin2Play
3 years ago#3
Lhunthangion posted...
The arcade version is much better than the NES port.

I concur. I actually feel like using the ball n chain thing in the arcade version.

User Info: drav35

drav35
3 years ago#4
The NES version was developed by Micronics who pretty much did most Arcade Conversions of games to NES/Famicom most of their SNK arcade ports are bad
I try not to break any rules

User Info: Saikyo Ki

Saikyo Ki
3 years ago#5
TC, trust me, you do NOT want to play Crystalis on GBC. It is trash. The NES version is the definitive way to play it.

Also, I guess I'm weird, but Athena on NES wasn't the worst thing I've ever played. Squatting on the mushroom in stage 1 is very satisfying. :)

User Info: TheRaiderNation

TheRaiderNation
3 years ago#6
Arcade version of Athena is enjoyable. Its still the worst of the 13 games though.

I always liked guerrilla war, iron tank and the ikari warriors games (1 and 2 arcade and 3 nes) so this really was a cool purchase for me.

I have forgotten how challenging these games are. Of course there unlimited continues so the difficulty doesn't prevent you from advancing but certainly I need some time with these games to get my skill back!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
  3. Is there a difference between Athena on Arcade vs. NES?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A