You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. I gave this game a shot...

User Info: CannondaleBob

CannondaleBob
4 months ago#11
I bought this game on black Friday digital sale. While I don’t hink the game is amazing, it doesnt take long to eat up my free time. So I guess I like it. I would like to see a home world for each species with big thriving cities. Exploring the voids of space is cool, but why not give us the option for a change of space.

User Info: maximo

maximo
4 months ago#12
agentspoon posted...
I will admit that its glaringly obvious that the game has undergone massive alterations in a short space of time but if you let it just sweep you up and not worry about stuff its really fun.

I just wish they would drastically reduce or remove the need for fuel to lift off.

I agree with that. Looking for materials to convert so we can take off is so frustrating.

maximo
4 months ago#13
It’s funny but somehow I’m still playing this game.

I think someone mentioned above about not taking it too seriously and forget about constraints etc...... this leads to some enjoyment.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: midnyghtsson265

midnyghtsson265
4 months ago#14
maximo posted...

I think someone mentioned above about not taking it too seriously and forget about constraints etc...... this leads to some enjoyment.

It can grow on you. I also find it relaxing and like how I can have a list of s*** I want to do but do it at my leisure.

I find myself missing this game after being trolled in rdr online so easily.
Currently playing: GTA: Online, No Mans Sky, PUBG, State of Decay 2, Red Dead Redemption 2.

maximo
4 months ago#15
midnyghtsson265 posted...
maximo posted...

It can grow on you. I also find it relaxing and like how I can have a list of s*** I want to do but do it at my leisure.

I’ve ever been a fan of R* online portions of their games. I find that they don’t interest me. Obviously I’m in the minority since they seem to be popular.

The SP portions are top quality.

midnyghtsson265
4 months ago#16
maximo posted...
midnyghtsson265 posted...
maximo posted...

I’ve ever been a fan of R* online portions of their games. I find that they don’t interest me. Obviously I’m in the minority since they seem to be popular.

The SP portions are top quality.

Yea they dont appeal to everyone. I just enjoy the online world with the progression and persistence. But I always play the SP parts also...agree they are good.
Currently playing: GTA: Online, No Mans Sky, PUBG, State of Decay 2, Red Dead Redemption 2.

User Info: DonJuanDoja

DonJuanDoja
3 months ago#17
Play Subnautica instead.

The scale is way smaller but it’s actually a real game.

I tried NMS because it’s similar to SN but man it doesn’t even come close.

NMS is just a kinda neat experiment in gaming, i modded it and made it better on pc but still even mods couldn’t save it for me.

If you ask me adding Multiplayer is what ruined it besides the procedural generation, Subnautica chose to scrap both of those ideas because they were smart. SN even shares the inventory frustration but not nearly as frustrating since you can build unlimited storage...

Play subnautica instead.
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed"

midnyghtsson265
3 months ago#18
Travis_LP posted...
Play Subnautica instead.

The scale is way smaller but it’s actually a real game.

I tried NMS because it’s similar to SN but man it doesn’t even come close.

NMS is just a kinda neat experiment in gaming, i modded it and made it better on pc but still even mods couldn’t save it for me.

If you ask me adding Multiplayer is what ruined it besides the procedural generation, Subnautica chose to scrap both of those ideas because they were smart. SN even shares the inventory frustration but not nearly as frustrating since you can build unlimited storage...

Play subnautica instead.

I actually love Subnautica but I like the sense of scale in NMS. And with that Abyss update, its even more similar than before. You can play NMS totally solo so not sure how multiplayer ruined it. Also not clear on the "real game" comment...how is NMS not a real game?

I want to go back and play Subnautica but I enjoy NMS still enough not to.
Currently playing: GTA: Online, No Mans Sky, PUBG, State of Decay 2, Red Dead Online.

User Info: ACiDx0nE

ACiDx0nE
1 month ago#19
One of the beautiful features in NM’sS is your ability to do damn near whatever you want. You can stay on one planet, harvest everything from resources to building. You can be a captain and have a fleet of frigates. You can explore the galaxy or the abyss if you so choose. You can even be a pirate! It can a bit repetitive at times, but that’s the game. As for me, I dig it. It has issues. There are things I dislike about the game, but the pros out way the cons IMO
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. I gave this game a shot...