You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. I gave this game a shot...

User Info: maximo

maximo
5 months ago#1
But I’ve reached the end of my teather with it.

It’s clunky and confusing. Waypoints are a joke and mission completions are really just haphazardly or non existence,

There’s loads more but this is one of the biggest screw ups I’ve ever played.

Poor

User Info: globetrotter659

globetrotter659
5 months ago#2
Definitely not for everyone. I just like how the game is relaxing. But it does take time to appreciate. I would say it wasn’t until I was 25-40 hours into the game where I really felt that I got a hang of it.

A few key things for new interlopers:

1. Don’t try to do everything at once. The Artemis quest line is the “main” story. The base missions are needed to open new content.

2. Don’t get overwhelmed by your inability to generate money early. The best source of quick cash early in the game is probably frigate missions (you’ll unlock after a few warps). Otherwise, larva cores found at abandoned buildings are a good source of early income (I just find the process tedious).

3. The first thing you should do is upgrade your exosuit’s capacity. You can buy slots at space stations. Otherwise, look out for droppods.
XBL gamertag= WshngtonianSerb; xfire= unwaryanteater
BF:V name= John Kerry; BF2=Bloody_Reverend

maximo
5 months ago#3
globetrotter659 posted...
Definitely not for everyone. I just like how the game is relaxing. But it does take time to appreciate. I would say it wasn’t until I was 25-40 hours into the game where I really felt that I got a hang of it.

A few key things for new interlopers:

1. Don’t try to do everything at once. The Artemis quest line is the “main” story. The base missions are needed to open new content.

2. Don’t get overwhelmed by your inability to generate money early. The best source of quick cash early in the game is probably frigate missions (you’ll unlock after a few warps). Otherwise, larva cores found at abandoned buildings are a good source of early income (I just find the process tedious).

3. The first thing you should do is upgrade your exosuit’s capacity. You can buy slots at space stations. Otherwise, look out for droppods.

Points taken.

Also everytime I want to hyper drive to another system it’s a chore in itself. Finding my freighter is an absolute joke. I mean, I am all for open world but to put it into blunt terms this is just crap.

Using a mining tool to destroy rocks and mindless and Mindless animals is not my idea of fun at all. It’s tedious. Add to that limited space in terms of inventory just makes this game painful to play.
(edited 5 months ago)

globetrotter659
5 months ago#4
Your freighter has an icon and you can summon it nearly anywhere.

maximo
5 months ago#5
Your freighter has an icon and you can summon it nearly anywhere.

I’m just fed up with this game. There’s nothing to pull you in. Absolutely nothing. Every “activity” seems to be a chore. Not only is it frustrating. It’s boring too.

It could have been so much more instead we have this pile of nonsense.

globetrotter659
5 months ago#6
The gameplay is definitely not for everyone.

NMS’s greatest strength and it’s greatest weakness is procedural generation.

maximo
5 months ago#7
The gameplay is definitely not for everyone.

NMS’s greatest strength and it’s greatest weakness is procedural generation.

Agreed. And look what we end up with.

Meaningless chores.

User Info: Spike

Spike
5 months ago#8
I can definitely understand someone not liking this game. If you don't find space fascinating, like your games to have a decent amount of action, hate games that are on the repetitive side, and hate randomly generated games, then this is NOT the game for you! Even if only half of those things apply to you, you're still probably not going to like it.
"They look so *** damn like the same person. I say to them "you want ice cream cone?" Both of them say yes." - Mario Twins

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 months ago#9
I will admit that its glaringly obvious that the game has undergone massive alterations in a short space of time but if you let it just sweep you up and not worry about stuff its really fun.

I just wish they would drastically reduce or remove the need for fuel to lift off.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: CannondaleBob

CannondaleBob
4 months ago#10
I been on the fence about getting NMS. If they added some alien races that you could come across on the planets some advanced some primative but intelligent, and have quest related to them it would give the game more purpose.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. I gave this game a shot...