• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Patch 1.55 has been released on Xbox

User Info: oEASYLIFEo

oEASYLIFEo
8 months ago#31
Red_Baron07 posted...
But thats just it...you had to progress and put in the work to earn the ability to trivialize those aspects. You earned the reward of turning painstaking grind work into trivialized tasks by working and putting in the effort.

Yep, I agree.
It's why I refrained form duping, it took time and effort to make my farm but It left me feeling satisfied and it felt rewarding which was half the fun.
Now it's like someone came along and stomped on my sand castle lol but at least I haven't installed 1.55 yet so I can salvage someting from it.
Oh, updated my previous post a little too.
UK gamer on Xbox One X, PS4 and PC.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
8 months ago#32
Just realized that since the patch landing on planets no longer gives me first contact, so they, and the systems, don't show up under the discoveries tab to be renamed (along with any way points, flora, fauna you scan)

Anyone else getting this?

User Info: oEASYLIFEo

oEASYLIFEo
8 months ago#33
MetalZoic posted...
Just realized that since the patch landing on planets no longer gives me first contact, so they, and the systems, don't show up under the discoveries tab to be renamed (along with any way points, flora, fauna you scan)

Doesn't first contact mean that you're the first player to land on that specific planet?
It could be that another player has been there before you and named the planet themself.
I've always thought first contact doesn't mean "your" first contact but it's given only to the first player to land on a planet (each time somone lands on a previously "unexplored by any player" planet).
UK gamer on Xbox One X, PS4 and PC.

MetalZoic
8 months ago#34
oEASYLIFEo posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Doesn't first contact mean that you're the first player to land on that specific planet?
It could be that another player has been there before you and named the planet themself.
I've always thought first contact doesn't mean "your" first contact but it's given only to the first player to land on a planet (each time somone lands on a previously "unexplored by any player" planet).

Could be, but when scanning the planets from space it shouldn't say un-discovered... It should say "discovered by such-and-such" if I remember correctly

User Info: Flakoff

Flakoff
8 months ago#35
If you dupe to make money to get things just may as well play creative mode.

MetalZoic
8 months ago#36
MetalZoic posted...
oEASYLIFEo posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Could be, but when scanning the planets from space it shouldn't say un-discovered... It should say "discovered by such-and-such" if I remember correctly

I checked and it was a glitch that was reported several times in thebexpirimental build, but they say HG ignored it, didn't fix it and released it into the public patch anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Patch 1.55 has been released on Xbox
  • Topic Archived