• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Patch 1.55 has been released on Xbox

User Info: OneGrumpyUncle

OneGrumpyUncle
4 months ago#1
Patch 1.55 has been released for XBox Here's the link for the Patch notes. Its a pretty big one from the looks of it and most importantly fixes bugs in 2 of the main quest lines.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-55/
Previously Hatevolved in another life.
XBL---OneGrumpyUncle

User Info: midnyghtsson265

midnyghtsson265
4 months ago#2
That's a good looking patch. Couple of great changes imo. The launch thruster upgrade was a big one for me...it was nowhere to be found unless you got one pre installed on a ship. Removed the chance to get nanites from buried tech is another huge one for me..I got nanites 75% of the time and it sucked as I need a ton of salvaged tech.

Few other good things I forgot...thanks for posting.
Currently playing: GTA: Online, No Mans Sky, PUBG, State of Decay 2, Elder Scrolls Online.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 months ago#3
Downloading it now.

User Info: Red_Baron07

Red_Baron07
4 months ago#4
Be warned, the patch nerfs (cripples actually) just about every way to make big sums of money.

Farms take WAY longer.
Theres only 4 eggs max (most have only 2 or 3) in alien egg clusters and their worth was cut in half if not more. Just sold 20 and only netted a little over 1 mil. Pre-patch i woulda made 4.3mil.
Complacency kills. Get off your ass, get the job done and quit complaining. Do PT. Nuff said.

User Info: Chisoka

Chisoka
4 months ago#5
The cons outweigh the pros in this patch for me. I’ll not be downloading it. Just started the game and been playing six hours or so, on and off, over the last three evenings, but I’m not going to cripple myself financially in-game my patching this.

MetalZoic
4 months ago#6
The farming and mkneybexploits being nerfwd doesn't bother me at all. Needed to be done I think.

However does anyone else feel that melee boosting got nerfed a bit? Maybe I'm imagining things, but I don't seem to be getting the forward momentum and distance/range I did before.

Red_Baron07
4 months ago#7
MetalZoic posted...
The farming and mkneybexploits being nerfwd doesn't bother me at all. Needed to be done I think.

However does anyone else feel that melee boosting got nerfed a bit? Maybe I'm imagining things, but I don't seem to be getting the forward momentum and distance/range I did before.

So you think the legit way of grinding money needed to be nerfed? They weren't exploits. They were legitimate methods of earning money. Maybe you enjoy endless hours of grinding, but I assure you most people do not.
Complacency kills. Get off your ass, get the job done and quit complaining. Do PT. Nuff said.

MetalZoic
4 months ago#8
They were a bit out of balance with the rest of the game. So it makes sense they were reeled in.

User Info: midnyghtsson265

midnyghtsson265
4 months ago#9
MetalZoic posted...
They were a bit out of balance with the rest of the game. So it makes sense they were reeled in.

I'd agree with you except with these 60 million dollar price tags for s***....I dont know why they did it. Gonna just make more people dupe s***.
Currently playing: GTA: Online, No Mans Sky, PUBG, State of Decay 2, Elder Scrolls Online.

Red_Baron07
4 months ago#10
midnyghtsson265 posted...
MetalZoic posted...

I'd agree with you except with these 60 million dollar price tags for s***....I dont know why they did it. Gonna just make more people dupe s***.

This.

They were absolutely not out of balance. Especially farming. You had to progress quite a ways to even access farming. Not to mention the materials needed to even setup a farm.

As stated, this is only going to make people stop doing it legit and start duping or looking for exploits.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Patch 1.55 has been released on Xbox
  • Topic Archived