• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Web Design and Programming
  3. how do you restore scrollbars?

User Info: zeroality

zeroality
4 years ago#1
Some sites are now trying to throw up a layer of divs to prevent adblock users from visiting their site. Most are easy enough to bypass, just inspect element and delete the corresponding divs.

But sometimes they also use code to remove the scrollbar and removing the div doesn't restore it. You also can't scroll via down button or PageDown so it is some sort of block.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Disclaimer: Adblock is an excellent tool for users like me, who are wholly unaffected by advertising. I have never bought a single item through an advertisement and anyone who disdains my use of adblock is being extremely disingenuous as your advertisers are simply wasting dollars on people like me. Ads should not be forced upon users who have already explicitly opted out.

Just wanted to head off any potential debate posts and concentrate on the topic at hand - scrollbars?
---

User Info: DaCSSMastah

DaCSSMastah
4 years ago#2
depends on how they do it, but its likely they just put overflow:hidden; on the body element. Taking off that css should restore the scrollbars.
Graphic Designer since birth
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective

User Info: zeroality

zeroality
4 years ago#3
Thanks, that works like a charm!
---
  1. Boards
  2. Web Design and Programming
  3. how do you restore scrollbars?
  • Topic Archived