• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Tips/Tricks for Rare encounters/ Wings of Serendipity Circle of Serendipity

User Info: AdicusDiojr

AdicusDiojr
9 months ago#1
After 150+ hours into the game, and having worn both Wings Of Serendipity +3 on Hero, noticed I still wasn't encountering anything "rare" other than the occasional side quest that points you at a rare enemy. After some time with CE, I discovered a few things that may help someone trying to 100% their enemy list or whatever.

1. The Circle of Serendipity seems to give the exact same bonus as Wings of Serendipity. Like, exactly the same, despite the description of each suggesting otherwise. I already had both the ring and necklace at +3, so there might be a difference at base or +1, etc.. At +3, both seem to operate identically, and do stack with each other. I compared values separately, and stacked with a spare Wings of Serendipity.

2. "Rare" monsters are ONLY monsters that glow/sparkle at the start of a fight. Metal monsters like Metal Slimes, Metal Kings, etc. seem to be different and don't seem to increase their spawn rates with either Serendipity. I upped the values and saw no difference. Also, since they don't "sparkle/glow" when appearing, they appear to be a "rare subset". I might be wrong, dunno. Would take too long to try and find a value that might affect their spawn rate. Use Electro Light if you really need to find one.

3. Hero being Pepped Up gives a very small increase to the rare encounter values. So wearing two Serendipity items + being Pepped Up, should give the best odds of actually encountering a rare enemy.

4. As the side quests point out, "rare" enemies will appear with certain on-screen variants of the rare form after fighting base enemy/ or fighting enough times. An example would be Vicious Ursa Minor in the Sage Trial (night time in-game for me) spawning an Ursa Panda. So you'll HAVE to fight that specific on-screen enemy to get the rare enemy. I'm sure many of you know that already, but I basically never encountered any rare enemies in 150+ hours, so I didn't realize you are expected to hang around a spawn location and just grind. Had thought the sparkle/glow thing was only for side quest rare enemies.

5. IF you want to increase your odds with CE w/o a trainer; It was a pain to find the values considering the description doesn't show how much of an increase is occurring with Serendipity items and it doesn't appear on the attributes page. I found 2 values under 4 byte and 4 under float searches. For ease, can alter a float to become a 4 byte and change only that value, and rest will auto-correct. Starting with "Unknown Initial Value" might freeze up a smaller computer for a bit given the size of the game (use the "pause game while scanning" option; do NOT cancel the scan as it might load a folder with many gigs of waste that can bug the drive out; set the CE folder for searches ideally to a large empty drive with over 50 gb of free space; IF you have CE sending stuff to a main hd and your system gets warning about low drive space, will have to close out CE then find the folder it stores the searches to, and manually delete the contents- will be a huge gb amount).

I was able to set everything at 100 and got 3 Ursa Pandas in a row, etc.. Also, every time Hero enters Pep up, it'll reset the values. I don't suggest freezing them as it might crash the game. Try at your own risk.
I picked up my 1st joystick 35 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in-game glitch at age 4.~R.I.P. Uncle Scott
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Tips/Tricks for Rare encounters/ Wings of Serendipity Circle of Serendipity
  • Topic Archived